Any interest in a simple Photo thread?

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
@3dogs you look a real old sea dog!:)

I like the look of that Mercury, very powerful, must outrun most things.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
By the size of it I am thinking that the you summed it up very aptly ".....must outrun most things".....its faster than a speeding bullet at running out of fuel closely followed by money is my guess:gig

Last edited:

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
You guys have some amazing stories -- and pictures. And about that sunrise pictures, Dogs. Thanks for not succumbing to the mindless directive to "open up the shadows". Even if you say it was dumb luck, it's still a darned good photo, and very nicely edited/processed.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
You might enjoy this. This little woodpecker enjoys hummingbird food. Unfortunately for the hummingbird, the threat display is a bluff, and the woodpecker is having none of it.
IMG_2007.cropped.jpg

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
By the size of it I am thinking that the you summed it up very aptly ".....must outrun most things".....its faster than a speeding bullet at running out of fuel closely followed by money is my guess:gig
Nice little fishing boat! In the US I've used Berkley fishing line for salt water fishing in the SF Bay and out "the gate" on the Pacific, but Berkley doesn't have much to sell me for fresh water fly fishing. I don't think we have Berkley boats here. Looks like the boat and motor must have cost a few dollars, US or Australian!

That Merc' engine is a lot of power for that size boat! Also, the cropping of the picture at the bow only shows what looks like a small electric trolling motor. Pretty difficult to throttle down the big outboard to move slowly enough to troll if that is the way you fish for Bream.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Nice little fishing boat! In the US I've used Berkley fishing line for salt water fishing in the SF Bay and out "the gate" on the Pacific, but Berkley doesn't have much to sell me for fresh water fly fishing. I don't think we have Berkley boats here. Looks like the boat and motor must have cost a few dollars, US or Australian!

That Merc' engine is a lot of power for that size boat! Also, the cropping of the picture at the bow only shows what looks like a small electric trolling motor. Pretty difficult to throttle down the big outboard to move slowly enough to troll if that is the way you fish for Bream.

The lads are both sponsored by a company that has Berkley as one of its lines. The boat is an Aussie build Bass style boat. These fellas Tournament fish. 90HP on that boat only puts it along at about 45miles an hour, slow for Bass boats. Minn Kota GPS electric on the front for spin, soft plastics much like the USA Race like hell for a spot, and fossick around on the electric prospecting Structure , be it natural or man made. I had a fishing tackle shop and Brent worked for me while still a Student, and I mentored him. Lost touch till a while ago. I have had nothing to do with the soft plastic style of fishing so we got to reverse roles while he taught me. Kinda neat and very special. Brent is a teacher, and by how he conducted himself in my company a damn fine one at that.
My go was all forms of Fresh and Salt did 18yrs chasing Marlin and big Yellowfin Tuna in an !8ft boat other side of the Continental drop off, big miles, big seas and big fish. At just a coupla times BIG worry about finding Home with only a compass in thick fog and variable currents.....
I was young and it was fun.....then. Now NO WAY!!!
Built rods professionally for 25years, made a lot of nice fly rods on Sage Loomis and other high end glass and CF. Did all that butt weaving and fancy thread work. Sold rods all over the Islands around Australia.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
You might enjoy this. This little woodpecker enjoys hummingbird food. Unfortunately for the hummingbird, the threat display is a bluff, and the woodpecker is having none of it.
View attachment 3065

Who says this is not amazing! don't have to get to somewhere exotic to get good subjects. Just got to have the imagination and eyes working whilst holding a camera.

Don't know about you but there are a few fellas that do Bird photography, I would find that work interesting. Folks learn from simple ideas, new to them......Thats what this thread is about, or so I had hopes, give printing and photography a bit of a showcase right here in our Printing Forum for a bit of a diversion when the printer is doing its thing and churning out our works of art:celebrate rather than clogging, banding and other assorted misdemeanours.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Our TV weather forecast has just been showing us pictures of kangaroos hopping around in the snow, in polar winds over S Australia. Time to get your camera out!

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Our TV weather forecast has just been showing us pictures of kangaroos hopping around in the snow, in polar winds over S Australia.
That is a funny sight to be sure, we have warmed up, 3.4 C and very light wind thank goodness, but it has not quit raining since early this morning.
We are getting graziers frost warnings....sheep are in the midst of lambing and our breeds can suffer badly with many mortalities in open paddocks.

Just put the 70-200 on the camera on Sunday to get some pictures of a Kangaroo mother grazing and the Joey leaning out of the pouch having a munch on the grass too! Sadly she would not present side on by the time I got the lens attached and soon moved on when our dogs went outside at get up time...........:rolleyes:

Last edited: