And another R2000 Problem-Now with bonus ANGER!

BarbedDragon

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1900
Well I got the slightly jumbled R2000 up and running because I figured out I might as well give it ago instead of letting it sit in a box for weeks until they got a new one. After the treatment I received on the phone, I figured they probably wouldn't honor their warranty anyway. And I've waited for over a month for a working printer.

3 Beautiful photos later---some learning curves. I'm learning how to set things up. Watercolor matte paper is wonderful so far. Ultra Premium Lustre is divine.

However the last 2 photos I printed---had banding as well as a darker area in the end of the print and a blank line in the beginning, almost like it's shifting. I thought I possibly missed something when I clicked quality/speed. But I did not. I have it on 5. I pulled off the gloss optimizer as these are going into sleeves in a book and it won't be important.

I googled it and I haven't aligned yet---but after 3 prints and it's doing this? Ugh.

ETA: Clogged nozzles. Not surprised considering the amount of people that consistantly have this issue. Great.

It's also pretty loud. I mean not deafening but it's not quiet by any means. Want to make sure THAT is normal too.

ETA again: Alignment=done. Not fixed. 3 Nozzle Cleanings and a Auto deep clean uber doober later. NOT FIXED.

Is this what I have to look forward to? I'm really having serious doubts about this printer. I AM PRETTY MAD ACTUALLY.

Last edited:

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Should of just contacted them and told them you are sending it back. I imagine the printer has more issues than just what you see on the outside, stuff with external damage normally means it runs deeper.

BarbedDragon

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1900
Cakehole, if you read the other thread---I contacted them as soon as I opened the box, they told me to call back next week. It's been over the weekend when there customer service is closed.

I'm not the kind of person that waits a month for a printer, then doesn't try to use it. Considering this seems to be a standard issue I'm having according to the reviews I figured someone on here more knowledgeable than I might have suggestions on how to clear the nozzles manually. I like fixing my problems, not handing them back and giving up easily.

BarbedDragon

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1900
I have now cleaned the waste ink pads under the resting print head. I'll let it sit for a bit. I also cleaned the wiper blade. There are definitely drops of ink around. But thats to be expected.
These are what I am getting. Its not just a single line. I have aligned the head. Kinda at a loss, not sure if its a clogged nozzle at the point.

Attachments

• 1410188918219.jpg
    1410188918219.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 347

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If it were me I would pack it all up and dump it back into its box and throw it into a corner and then demand my money back, then buy another printer elsewhere. ;)

Just remember you’re the customer and they’re the Muppets and not the other way round.. :he

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
That bad nozzle check is NOT due to actual clogging. That looks like an actual head problem.
You have the very same set of nozzles not firing throughout all 8 colors.
When the R2000 is working it is a wonderful printer. I know I have one R2000 and two R1900s among many others.
You really need to bring some serious smoke up EPSON's ASS ASAP!

Joe

BarbedDragon

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1900
Awesome. Now I KNOW it's something I can't fix. I will let you know the outcome. Thank you guys. Now I can stop fiddling with the damn thing.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
It can be handy to interpret a nozzle check on an Epson.
Take a look at the diagram from an Epson Service manual. The same nozzles physically are also being affected horizonatally. I suspect that while it is the printhead, it could be actually a physical problem in the printhead as well. I notecross contamination in the ink channels as well. "delaminated printhead"?
Nozzle Count.jpg

To understand the stair step arrangment. There are 32 dots that create each step...they are machine gunned across. The vertical spacing of the nozzles are 1/180 inch apart.

BarbedDragon

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1900
OK I was offered again to WAIT----or get a total refund. Which....yea. That's cool actually. I told them I'd think on it and they said that was totally fine and to let them know. Unfortunately I couldn't MAKE THEM send me the next step up as a refurb---because they are actually out of All of the wide format refurbs right now.

So I can get a refund. Or I can wait. But----this is the printer I want. So---what would you do? I can shell out another $150 (after the $200 MIR) and get a brand spanking new one....or hope the next refurb is better?

UGH I don't even want an upgrade I just want an R2000 (that works for a long time).

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
So I can get a refund. Or I can wait. But----this is the printer I want. So---what would you do? I can shell out another $150 (after the $200 MIR) and get a brand spanking new one....or hope the next refurb is better?.
You have your heart set on the R2000. How long can you wait for Epson to have another to send to you? If you cannot wait then shell out the extra $150 and get a new one. Or, look at Craigslist in your area, or on eBay, for an R2000. You may even hit it lucky and find one at a thrift shop or a house sale.

Just do something soon as we're all going to be dead in 1000 years from robot attacks according to eminent physicist Stephen Hawking. So live like there's no tomorrow. It's only money. :D