using "photo" designated cartridges in place of regular cartridges

PaulHand

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a Canon Pixma MX7600 multipurpose printer. I bought a set of inkjet cartridges for it and Photo Cyan and Photo Magenta cartridges were included. I later discovered that the printer does not use "Photo" cartridges, just plain cyan and magenta. I'd like to use up the "Photo" designated cartridges in place of the regular cartridges if it won't mess up the printer.

Does anyone know if this substitution would be ok?

Thanks,

Paul Hand

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
No, totally impossible, since not only the colours will be washed off if it would be possible to use them, but technically the chips will be refused by the printer and recognized as being imcompatible. Your MX7600 will use standard strength cyan and magenta with smaller droplets to mimick the lighter photo cyan and photo magenta colours. I would recommend to sell them to someone who has the Pro 9500, which uses the same cartridges like your MX7600 and would certainly could use these photo colours.

l_d_allan

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
pharmacist said:
I would recommend to sell them to someone who has the Pro 9500, which uses the same cartridges like your MX7600 and would certainly could use these photo colours.
I believe the Pro 9500 uses pigment cartridges. It is the Pro 9000 models that uses eight CLI-8 die cartridges, including Red, Green, PhotoCyan, and PhotoMagenta.

RMM

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
l_d_allan said:
pharmacist said:
I would recommend to sell them to someone who has the Pro 9500, which uses the same cartridges like your MX7600 and would certainly could use these photo colours.
I believe the Pro 9500 uses pigment cartridges. It is the Pro 9000 models that uses eight CLI-8 die cartridges, including Red, Green, PhotoCyan, and PhotoMagenta.
Pharmacist knows that. The MX7600 uses the same pigment cartridges as the 9500 (minus the photo colors)

l_d_allan

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
RMM said:
Pharmacist knows that. The MX7600 uses the same pigment cartridges as the 9500 (minus the photo colors)
Ooops ... didn't realize the MX7600 uses pigment ink. I see that the 9500 PGI cartridge set includes PhotoCyan and PhotoMagenta among its ten colors. I should have checked first before replying. Red face.

RMM

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
l_d_allan said:
RMM said:
Ooops ... didn't realize the MX7600 uses pigment ink. I see that the 9500 PGI cartridge set includes PhotoCyan and PhotoMagenta among its ten colors. I should have checked first before replying. Red face.
It's ok :)