Top Filling Method For Canon Cartridges

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
l_d_allan said:
mikling said:
By sealing the air vent over the sponge
This refilling newbie is unclear just what you mean by "air vent over the sponge". Is there a picture or diagram of a CLI-8 cartridge with labels for the different parts so we could have consistency in nomenclature?
Yes, there's one here: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=6221 . Scroll down and you'll see it. In the Canon cartridge the vent does not really a have a serpentine shape. There are also some other, odd structures which may or may not be needed for expansion space with a full cartridge.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
mikling
Thank you for adding another step to the top filling method the more the merrier.
However I stopped covering the air vent a while ago and only filled the reservoir to 75%, which seems to stop any ink dribbling from the outlet hole later.
The cartridge does however drip a small amount (very little) just before installation, which I find comforting anyway..

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Hi The Hat

Thank you for updating your post#1 with pictures. I have now bookmarked this thread for future reference, like I have done with pharmacist's German method refill instructions.