The Lamogio method . Maybe works with 226/526...

Parhs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello....
I think i found a new method a bit dangerous one that might work with the new cartridges relating to the transparency problem...
I tested this on a 521.

As you can see the sponge is visible!!!

Here is the raw ink container.....

I used a screwdriver and a blowtorch....

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Tips..
You should always clean your screwdriver after you finish each move!!!

If you try then the screwdriver shouldnt be too hot always..
It is better to do the same movement parallel to the cartidge not vertically!
As long as you start to see stop there.. Plastic is a little thin after and can break easilly....

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
One could try medium grit sandpaper or emery followed by a finer grit. That might work.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I tried abrasive and it it is not easy. I tried scraping. Depending on how adept you are with a knife, don't try it with a knife if you are not skilled.

I did not try with with the heat but I could see it will be very tricky and the fumes would bother me.

whitewallpaul

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I love the carnage!

Does anyone have the ability to lay out an approximate estimate of where the needle should enter into the front of the cartridge and where it would have a clean shot to the reservoir? (german method)

the sides of the cartridge are very true- they could be milled slightly

Maybe fine stone bench grinder, dremel or belt sander with fine grit?

Parhs

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ι tried with a really sharp razor before trying with heat and didnt work( no accuracy)...Now that it is morning i can see that not all cartidge is opaque and that the area i did transparent is really transparent.Maybe you could open a small window only.
Maybe with a mill or other tool you could achieve better results!
But with sandpaper it could takes ages i believe....

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Dremel tool maybe?

whitewallpaul

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm looking at my CLI 226 Black cartridge --

And I'm looking back at this post outlining the German refill method:

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4315

And I'm realizing that the window on the bottom of the CLI 226 is clearly transparent and exactly the same as CLI 221.and you can see ink moving inside when you tilt the cartridge either direction.

Check Pharmacist's sixth photo down from the top-- the photo with the needle in the reservoir

Could you not accomplish the same results using the same method with the 226? The window by which you see the needle inserted is the same on both cartridges.

I just ordered a set of CLI 221 for chip transplant, along with refill ink and syringes--

I'm wondering if I wasted money on CLI 221 seeing as in theory, the 226 procedure looks exactly the same.

Only difference is you have to confirm ink capacity through the very small transparent sight on the bottom of the cartridge, rather than the full view of the sides.

Anyone confirm that the CLI 226 has been tested and/or encounter obstacles other than what I've mentioned?

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
I'm not sure I'm following this. What in the world are you guys doing? It looks like you're trying to make opaque plastic so thin that it's translucent. With a hot screwdriver. Is this the idea?

And in the second photo, you're trying to make a cartridge transparent even though it already has a transparent window???

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I have used the German Method to refill these, I added one more sense to the method.......hearing. When I inserted the syringe all the way to the reservoir, injected the ink, then held it to my ear, you can hear the sponge soaking up the ink, the air bubbles make noise, when it stops, the sponge has taken what it needs, and I just top off the reservoir. So far my clients say the cartridges work just as OEM, maybe more pages some have said.

Works for me!

Be nice when the resetter comes out *tapping fingers*