The Domino Effect on Pro 9500 / Pro 10 for OEM ink Users...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The PGl-9 and PGl-72 carts can be refilled exactly the same way, and what looks like transparent ink, is in fact Gloss Optimiser...

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
They are OEM inks for Canon Pro-1
I extracted them from over 600+ low and near empty PGI-29 carts for the PRO-1. The clear fluid is Chroma Optimizer!
PGI-29 carts are totally refillable. However they require single use chips plus an alternate ink source to be able to reuse them as I am currently doing wit excellent results.
Joe

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
They are OEM inks for Canon Pro-1
I extracted them from over 600+ low and near empty PGI-29 carts for the PRO-1. The clear fluid is Chroma Optimizer!
PGI-29 carts are totally refillable. However they require single use chips plus an alternate ink source to be able to reuse them as I am currently doing wit excellent results.
Joe

As I understand, since the PRO-1 ink is guided through channels to the printhead, there are no cleaning cycles for every colour when replacing 1 cartridge ?
Because you can't reset the chips every time you top up the exchanged set.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Actually the PRO-1 does run "Something" after every cart replacement. What is it I can't tell. However there is no change in true weight of the cart before or after insertion into the printer. There are two types of "Noise"yoiu will hear!
Both sound like a Cleaning cycle.
One is simply the sound of the purge pump purging the purge pad. When it does that, the head is not even parked and sealed against the pad and is printer is merely making sure there is no ink puddles on it.
The other is a dual function process and it is a real Cleaning cycle.
The head seals against the purge pad and ink is physically pulled by vacuum through the print head.
The ink puddles on the pad.
The head detaches and moves a bit to the left.
The pump sucks out the collected ink through the pad and dumps it onto the waste ink pads.
The printer also does agitation cycles where the print head assembly moves to and fro to cause the internal ink paddles residing Inside the ink bags to move and agitate the inks!

Joe

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10 - Epson L1800
woww thanks all of you for all your help, i have another question about canon pro 9500 and pro - 10, oem ink how many photos i can print 4 X 6 photos i know that will depend of the image but the average i need that number and how much ink have one cartridges of pgi - 9 and pgi-72 i need to make some calculations to know the frequency of reffills and the cost to buy enough ink.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
canon pro 9500 and pro - 10, oem ink how many photos i can print 4 X 6 photos
Canon's yield calculations for various printers using various paper sizes: https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/groups/page-yield

Red River's yield estimates for the 9500 Mark II: http://www.redrivercatalog.com/cost-of-inkjet-printing-canon-pro9000-pro9500.html

Red River's yield estimates for the Pro-10: http://www.redrivercatalog.com/cost-of-inkjet-printing-canon-pro-10.html

You can find more Red River estimates by searching on the term "Cost of Inkjet Printing" (without the quote marks)

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
stratman woww man how are you ??? remember me with canon ip series u help me a lot. Now Epson want to give me a printer lol epson L1800 so i will make money with that one and buy the canon Pro- 10 or Pro - 9500 series but dye ink is a problem. JUST IN case some one supplies that kind of ink that printer are like ciss system.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Hi @oroblec. Things are good, thank you. Hope all is well with you. Congratulations are your new Epson! :clap

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
hey no, i'm a canon lover but they want me to use one here in latin america but it's free i will make some money and get a canon just in case we get the deal.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Trust me if i had the money i will never touch anything that don't says canon but i'm almost broke so i need something to bring food to my home so i have a new project so u will see soon much question and i will need all the helps of all of you and excuseme people of epson u makes good products and very good quality but this is like girls u get in love of one at first time and that one was canon :) later i need to go into of icc profile how it helps my prints and stuff like that but first i need a new machine. just making cost and see wich paper use and best quality of ink all together will give me a number and bring people documental with photo.