Strange problem with Epson P50

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
If you can try and install the printer on a different computer and see if the issue persists.. (Oops seen that you tried this already)

If it does, the printer is the focus of any problem... if it doesn't then your print spooler is going to be the root cause.

This is now moot but still worth checking...
My guess is that it's the latter rather than the former. One thing that can often help is to defrag your hard drive as the print spooler requires a large contiguous area of hard drive space to work with.

Try disabling malware scanners, etc... as well (obviously being careful to disconnect from the net first!) and see if that helps..

Lastly there's the old drivers side of things... Check to see if the drivers have updated recently (in which case try rolling them back) or if new ones have become available...

Last thing to suggest is perhaps try resetting the waste counter using the T50-T60 adjprog that's available in various places... That might kick things up a notch but somehow I doubt it.

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
7900, 4900, 9890, R2000, P50
websnail said:
If you can try and install the printer on a different computer and see if the issue persists.. (Oops seen that you tried this already)

If it does, the printer is the focus of any problem... if it doesn't then your print spooler is going to be the root cause.

This is now moot but still worth checking...
My guess is that it's the latter rather than the former. One thing that can often help is to defrag your hard drive as the print spooler requires a large contiguous area of hard drive space to work with.

Try disabling malware scanners, etc... as well (obviously being careful to disconnect from the net first!) and see if that helps..

Lastly there's the old drivers side of things... Check to see if the drivers have updated recently (in which case try rolling them back) or if new ones have become available...

Last thing to suggest is perhaps try resetting the waste counter using the T50-T60 adjprog that's available in various places... That might kick things up a notch but somehow I doubt it.
It wasn't a computer problem, I tried with a different pc, nor it was the driver.
I finally got it to work after changing the model to T50 using WICReset (I guess that restores the internal firmware to a preset in the process, so maybe it was due to the internal software not working properly, stack bytes or something similar).
Probably what "The Hat" above suggested doing with a UV light would also work...

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I wasn't aware the WICReset could change a model designation at all so that's the new one for me to look into..

Does seem mighty odd all told though... Keep us posted if anything new develops..