Samsung CLP-315

magoolio

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,
I hope this is the right place for this question.
I recently refilled a samsung clp-315 Black toner. The cartirdge was the one that came with the printer and I put a reset chip into the empty area that is usually used for this chip.
When I turn the printer on it still doesnt recognise the cartridge, the red light indicating the black cartridge comes on and doesnt go away. I changed the chip thinking thaty maybe it was defective but the same problem.
Anybody else tried this and had problems? Any ideas as to what could be the problem and how to resolve it?
Thanks for the help

Paul

magoolio

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Just in case anybody does come across this problem, I just took the chip off and the printer prints fine. It doesnt give me the toner level but this isnt so important.
As far as I could figure out, the problem was with the firmware version that the printer has.

TheTonerGuy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi Magoolio,

Your printer might be fine for now but it will stop printing very soon. You will need to install a new chip for it to keep on working.

In order to avoid problems, you must NEVER accept firmware UPDATES from SAMSUNG. These updates only serve to disable the functionality of aftermarket chips.

I usually don't like to toot my own horn, but in this case I must.... If your printer stops printing then buy a new chip from www.inkowl.com

Not because it is my website, nor because we sponsor this forum, but because we have a high volume and big inventory turn-over for chips. This way you will be sure to be getting the latest most up to date chip that will work with the latest SAMSUNG firmware.

I normally like to keep my answers general and not promote my own products. However, if you buy chips for SAMSUNG from fly by night sellers, you will never really know what you are getting. I assure you that a chip that in more that a few months old will NEVER work on a printer with the latest Firmware. Samsung changes the firmware every few months and updates all the Printers in the world through the internet.

USERS BEWARE!!! Never accept FIRMWARE updates from SAMSUNG.

TheTonerGuy

magoolio

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
thanks for the info TonerGuy!