redsetter or bluesetter -- Which is the best?

joyea

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
There has been a lot of information on the red one but not much on the blue one. Which one is the best one to get?

Thanks

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
The RedSetter was released first to the market for affordable resetter for the end user. The Blue resetter is the knock off version of the RedSetter, not much info out there because it's fairly new to the market. I would guess the blue one works the same as the Red.

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Color doesn't matter. Sudhaus designed the original resetter in red color. Their design was copied, probably by the same Chinese factory they had contracted with, and now you can find resetters in many colors. They all bear a striking resemblance to the original Sudhaus design. The best to get is the original as it will help develop resetters for future Canon cartridges. But they will all work.

Cleancity

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Yes. Color is not important. My friend got a green one from this website. He said it is OK. And this website is also from China.

binkie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
joyea said:
There has been a lot of information on the red one but not much on the blue one. Which one is the best one to get?

Thanks
I got a RedSetter at http://www.inkjetreset.com/ (with the Inkjet Stuff Forum discount). When it stopped working, the free replacement I received was Blue. This tells me that RKS TECHNIK, the German company who made the RedSetter, also makes the improved BlueSetter. According to the inkjetset Web Site the BlueSetter represents an improved design which includes easy access to replace the batteries.

By the way, my BlueSetter is working fine!

Binkie

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Nice to see that the price of these are starting to come down a bit.....
Now we'll see if they can make one with an adapter for canon's new 220-221 series of cartridges....