Proud to have joined this forum. Let me introduce myself.

TheTonerGuy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Dear Printer Forum Readers,

My name is Andrea Alacchi, alias "TheTonerGuy" and I am very proud to have joined your forum. (Yes, Andrea is a man's name in Italy)

As co-owner of an inkjet and toner business, I have been looking for a place where I can post important information about refilling (especially Toner Refilling), share experiences with others and learn as well as contribute. Due to very limited time, I have never gotten round to it until now. Your forum has impressed me. People are asking very good questions and the level of quality information being contributed by the various members is very impressive. I feel that I can learn from this forum as much as I can contribute my own knowledge and experience.

I would now like to share a little of my personal background. I started working as a summer student in my uncle's drum recycling business in 1981 when Selenium Drum based Photocopiers were the norm. I graduated as an electrical engineer and worked in my field for 18 years. However, I always kept very close contact my uncle's business and with the remanufacturing industry in general. I am proud to say that I have never bought a cartridge for any of my printers! Yes, all cartridges can be refilled. Some may not be worth the trouble, but that's another story.

By 2001, my uncle's company had evolved into an Inkjet and Laser Remanufacturing business. I began to help them sell refill kits on eBay and my experience grew out of that. Our mission was to show people how they too can refill and reuse their cartridges and save a lot of money. In 2004, my wife (also an engineer) and I both embarked on a new adventure and officially started our own business based around our own brand of Inkjet and Toner Refill Kits. We have grown quite a bit since then but are still a 100% family owned and operated business.

I would be very happy to answer any questions you may have about refilling (esp Toner, my speciality). I will also contribute to any discussions where I believe I can make a positive contribution.

Lastly, I have also decided to contribute financially to your forum by becoming a sponser. Note the banner on the top right of the forum. Inkowl is my company's brand name. I have decided to share this information with the community in order to be upfront and honest. I hope no one will hold this against me and I promise to do my best to offer unbiased professional opinions in all my topics and contributions.

I look forward to your questions and the opportunity to contribute and learn from your community.

TheTonerGuy

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Welcome to the forum, TheTonerGuy. I hope you are as enriched by others knowledge as we are by your knowledge.

BTW, Andrea is a fine first name. Who doesn't know the great Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli?

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
I don't know if we can use the words "great Italian tenor" & Andrea Bocelli in the same sentence Stratman but he was very good for some easy listening.
Welcome Andrea & I'm sure you will be able to help many of us with your experience.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Compared to my singing he is great.

TheTonerGuy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks Guys!! I may share his first name but I do not have his voice.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
As luck would have it Rob (the boss in these here parts) was saying that he'd like to get more info on the laser toner side of things so it seems your timing could be rather good.

Welcome...

... and just to explain.. "The Hat" thinks he's funny... just so you know ;)

TheTonerGuy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome...I have a lot to learn from all of you as well. The Hat's joke was very funny...