Printhead Maintenance

William Seaward

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1, 10, 100
It may have the same consistency as dye ink but as both you and I found out its not good enough to use for one nozzle print, I still use pharmacists solution and would recommend its use, but never to print with..

Will one purge cycle remove all the pharmacists solution or will you have to do several?

William Seaward

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1, 10, 100
Canon have always charged for the diaper change in your printer, but increasingly sites like this have made more owners aware that they could do it themselves and save the cost and inconvenience of having their printer out of commission for weeks on end.

I would love to change the diaper myself, however, if I can't reset the waste ink counter it still ends up at the technician bench. I tried to get into service mode with one of my Pro-100's with no luck.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Will one purge cycle remove all the pharmacists solution or will you have to do several?

After replacing with ink filled carts the printer does a cleaning on it's own, always was sufficient for me.
The solution is neutral, you can use it to dilute ink.
I avoid from now printing with pure solution as a precaution.

William Seaward

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1, 10, 100
After replacing with ink filled carts the printer does a cleaning on it's own, always was sufficient for me.
The solution is neutral, you can use it to dilute ink.
I avoid from now printing with pure solution as a precaution.

Makes sense... no printing with storage solution... EVER!

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
I would love to change the diaper myself, however, if I can't reset the waste ink counter it still ends up at the technician bench. I tried to get into service mode with one of my Pro-100's with no luck.
I's actually a better "solution" to purchase another PRO-100 new in the box on Craig's List, that has been relieved of the print head and inks (they get parted-out on eBay) rather that attempt a diaper change...