Precision Color Ink rubbing off! Need help urgently! :|

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
For anyone wanting screen to print matching, just use the inks, listed paper and profiles and get a simple SypderExpress calibrator for little over $100 and color management is done for you. Nada extra to do.
Recommend the poster @Grey review the differences in the Spyder packages at http://spyder.datacolor.com/display-calibration/. Nice chart detailing options.

I use SpectrCal's Calman software. They upgraded their software (and hardware) and offered a $99 upgrade to their Enthusiast software that includes both monitor AND TV calibration for those of us with earlier versions. I lucked out since it would cost considerable more now to upgrade to that version.

Probable biased comparison of Calman RGB vs Spyder4Pro: http://color.spectracal.com/calman-rgb-comparison-home

Spyder4Express can be bought on the internet for $79 (US) and the Spyder4Pro for $149. The Calman RGB is $199. All of these packages include software and a colorimeter.

Grey

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
@stratman hey I'm not looking for a screen calibrator. The Dell UH2713H has hardware calibration support but is only compatible with the i1Pro Display, which is what I got. I need it cause' I am running 2 screens. The secondary screen gets calibrated first and then I hardware recalibrate the UH27 to match :)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@stratman hey I'm not looking for a screen calibrator. The Dell UH2713H has hardware calibration support but is only compatible with the i1Pro Display, which is what I got.
Cool.

What software are you running with your i1Pro?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Is this what you are referring to?:
  • Custom color adjustments: Tweak shades to your preference of saturation or hue with Dell Custom Color. Or choose to further calibrate the monitor with the optional X-rite i1DisplayPro colorimeter, which allows you to access a 14-bit LUT (look-up table) via the Dell UltraSharp Color Calibration Solution software.
Your monitor stores calibration changes to the LUT in the monitor itself, unlike the usual DIY monitor calibration LUTs stored as a file on the hard drive. Nice.

the following link is a 2011 article comparing your colorimeter to others. Nice as well.

http://www.drycreekphoto.com/Learn/Calibration/MonitorCalibrationHardware.html

I considered the ColorMonki years ago but it's $400 cost was not attractive. Now I see it is $150 on Amazon. Sheesh!

I need a new colorimeter. they lose accuracy, even within a year, and cannot be re-calibrated. How would the regular user know when to buy a new one?