POTENTIAL PROBLEM: Carplan de-ionised water

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Ah @stratman your spring has sprung and you’re about to Fall.
It’s that time for blueberry pie..:plbb
Whaddya got against bluebirds?
bird-pooping.gif

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
I think The Hat just wants to cook *cough* delicious desserts for us all. :hide

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I do love blueberry pie! It's on my list after I finish the pineapple upside down cake I got yesterday. :drool

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
LOL suddenly its turned in to a best and worst cake discussion :confused:

Anyway a few pics of the plugs i got...

First pic a comparison of the two different types (low profile no lip on the left, what i would call a medium profile tabbed plug to the right)
Bothplugs.jpg

Enlarged pic of Low Profile (no lip or tab) version...
lowprofilenolip.jpg

Enlarged pic of (what im calling) Medium/Tabbed version...
tabbedmedium.jpg

Ironically as long as they do not catch in my MP610 i think the Medium tabbed plugs may be better at least with regards to insertion and removal from a cartridge. I have not used any of them yet but at just first glance the Medium tabbed version may be the best of both worlds, i guess the only way to know will be actual use. I should had got more than 5 of them doh! Maybe another order from me to websnail in the coming weeks to try the Standard lipped plugs also if the Mediums do not catch. The less fiddly plugs are for my sausage fingers the better :D

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
LOL suddenly its turned in to a best and worst cake discussion :confused:
Worst cake?? That would be a kidney pie.

I have not used any of them yet but at just first glance the Medium tabbed version may be the best of both worlds...

The less fiddly plugs are for my sausage fingers the better :D
Right you are on both accounts IMO.

The MP610 can take the standard silicone plug unlike later models whose clearance is so tight you need to use the "no-lip" variety. A selection on appropriate silicone plugs for your printer from Precision Colors:

http://www.precisioncolors.com/c5baccess.html

PS -- Is it possible to create a "no-lip" version of the sassy @The Hat ? He made a mocking bird of my pie! :gig

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
The MP610 can take the standard silicone plug unlike later models whose clearance is so tight you need to use the "no-lip" variety. A selection on appropriate silicone plugs for your printer from Precision Colors:

http://www.precisioncolors.com/c5baccess.html

PS -- Is it possible to create a "no-lip" version of the sassy @The Hat ? He made a mocking bird of my pie! :gig

That is good to know info. All i knew was that some MP models had clearance issues i did have a brief look at my MP610 and to me it does not look like there is much gap between the top of the carts and part of the printer casing, so i played it safe with my order, did not fancy possibly having to hack up the internal casing. May consider an order of standard plugs also now. Ill see how the others go :)

The no lip plugs though really do look like they may be a pain to remove for a ham fisted individual like myself. I can already picture me poking them down inside the cartridge as i try to remove them with my sausage fingers, folowed by lots of swearing and cursing myself, the cartridge and anything cute and fluffy that springs to mind at the time:barnie. A great and clever idea for tight clearance printers a dexterity challenge to those of us with paws like bigfoot :D

PS...
You can not get a 'no lip' version of The Hat, it just would not be the same hat without its lip ;) (he is gonna kill us both now :duc)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
A hat without a lip is called a berry and you can make a lovely pie out of them too.. :drool

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Im not sure what is more worrying the baking hobby or the hat knowledge. This weekend i have already caught The Hat dressing himself in a no-lip variety for a refill battle against a tricky printer... I left when he started shouting This is Sparta at the poor printer.:gig
il_340x270.589828207_hxwj.jpg