POTENTIAL PROBLEM: Carplan de-ionised water

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
I wrote a detailed EDIT but lost it so now I'll paraphrase...

Harmful pathogens and/or chemicals can end up in distilled or de-ionized water depending on the source of the water and the process(es) used in manufacturing. For instance, the WHO discusses distillation in their paper Nutrients in Drinking Water and recommends pretreatment with activated charcoal before distillation.

Ultimately, a phone call to CarPlan to ask about potability will provide an answer. Also, the MSDS on CarPlan De-ionized Water is available to read as found on this site.

Eeek they make it sound in places like its something that should be used more as a chemical weapon rather than water lol
Just wait ontill your birthday and you receive my cake … :ep :lol:
View attachment 1415 :sick
:gigThe real funny thing when it comes to cake is id probably eat it and only then think hold on what was that funny taste and symbol on that cake. Martin/websnail will have to design a human flush clip by the time you have finished with me :D

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Ah, I was beaten the punch on the human flush stuff... no fancy adapters needed but you definitely want some lubrication!
:ep

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Ah, I was beaten the punch on the human flush stuff... no fancy adapters needed but you definitely want some lubrication!
:ep
I was actually waiting for a printer potty joke following the contaminated cake consumption, though im not sure i want that either :eek:

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Well this is now taken care off. After Martin/Websnail contacted me and a brief conversation he has been kind enough to send out a new syringe in addition to a new cyan cart and clip which i also had issues with.

I was not expecting anything as obviously a syringe is subject to wear and tear and the ink cart being used understandably has no warranty. Only came here looking for advice/tips. Martin has gone above and beyond in my opinion though, i now have 2 full sets of carts with no more fragile handle on one of the cyan carts a clip with a silicon plug/washer and a new 60ml syringe which i am going to treat with kid gloves (gonna look around for some double distilled water for that).

What a great man and company, the first place i will look for anything printer related from now on. My father who initially paid for the order as i hacked up all my credit cards last year was equally impressed, he is now looking around for a new printer which is compatible with carts/ink Octoink/Martin/Websnail sell. Never thought i would see the day he would consider refilling.

Have also mentioned to my boss about the Epson refill carts octoink sell for the 5 printers at work. Im now on a mission to encourage everyone i know check octoink ink out and get refilling.

Anyone new here or just like i did for years reading as a guest and living here in the UK. Get buying from this man. You will not regret an order with him. :)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Websnail is one of the good guys. :thumbsup

Good luck and happy trails in your refilling adventures. :frow

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Cheers probably going to get some decent water and my digits inky this weekend and fill my carts :) Probably going to do one set German fill and one set top fill and decide from there which i personally prefer (it seems from reading it is basically personal preference).

Websnail/Martin most certainly is one of the good guys it was the personal attention he gave in the matter which impressed me. You do not get service like that as often or as easy nowadays. Totally painless i didn't even need a new human flush clip or a printer potty from him after The Hats cake post either (im still chuckling at that post).

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
FYI -- you can change from a traditional top fill to the Durchstich method by sealing the hole. And vice versa.

I I were not in North America but across the Pond then I would be merrily purchasing from Websnail. Since I am in the USA I buy from Mikling and his Precision Colors out of Canada and am happy as a bluebird in spring.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Cheers stratman, yep got myself 25 plugs in total with my order from octoink :) 20 of the no-lip type of plugs (Or as Marin has them described low profile) as many MP Canon models have clearance issues and also 5 of what i would call a Medium profile plugs, something Martin/Websnail mentioned he had prior to me ordering so i thought why not ill give them a go.

They have a tab/lip but its lower in profile than lipped (standard) plugs Marin has listed on Octoink. Ill be sure to provide info of which are best suited, if it makes any difference for my MP610. I also have some plugs from a old universal ink kit left over which according to the instructions can be used on CLI-8 and PGI-5 cartridges. They are about the same lip wise (at least im guessing they are from images) as the standard profile plugs Martin sells.

Not sure why Martin/Websnail does not have the Medium profile plugs listed on his website, i was appreciative that he mentioned an alternative plug before i ordered though. Options are always good :)

PS anyone interested in a compare between the low profile (no lip) plugs and what i have dubbed the medium profile plugs let me know and ill post an image, im guessing most long term members here have seen and know all about them.