Pixma Pro-100 / clogged yellow

ibanezfrelon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma PRO-100
So it happened to me too, wierd looking prints, than a nozzle check and it shows a clogged yellow. Tried a cleaning and than a deep cleaning cycle, twice and nothing.
The inks are from precisioncolors and i have replaced the oem yellow cart with cli8 with swaped chip.
What do you suggest i do next? Should i remove the printhead and soak it or something?
Tnnx.
_MG_8561.jpg

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
You might try dripping several drops of Original windex onto the yellow inlet screen in the head, let it soak for five minutes, then install the cart and try another nozzle check.

ibanezfrelon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma PRO-100
thanx turbguy! Is it possible to use some other window cleaner? Where i live i've never seen windex on the shelves..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You could try removing the print head and soaking it in 50 cm of washing up liquid (Fairy or W5) and warm water, a couple of spoonfuls of liquid in the water will be enough and leave it soaking for 24 hour or more if you can.

Then just dry the head thoroughly and run a normal head clean followed by a nozzle check and then compare it to your previous one.

This is the Yello Gello issue striking again and by soaking your print head that shold remove all traces of OEM ink from inside the head so the problem wont return..

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Yes I wonder if Fairy (the green kind) would work, I just looked at my local shop and found only different kind of Fairy washing liquid. Will try to see if another store that's imports stuff from Germany maybe have it.

ibanezfrelon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma PRO-100
You could try removing the print head and soaking it in 50 cm of washing up liquid (Fairy or W5) and warm water, a couple of spoonfuls of liquid in the water will be enough and leave it soaking for 24 hour or more if you can.

Then just dry the head thoroughly and run a normal head clean followed by a nozzle check and then compare it to your previous one.

This is the Yello Gello issue striking again and by soaking your print head that shold remove all traces of OEM ink from inside the head so the problem wont return..
thanx for your help!
50cm? ..you mean like 50cm deep? couple of spoonfuls of liquid for a bucket of water? Sory for too much questions..

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Only the nozzles should be in the liquid, the electronics needs to be dry.

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Only the nozzles should be in the liquid, the electronics needs to be dry.
The inlet screens HAVE to be covered with the "solvent" to resolve the gelling issue. That's gonna be about 1-2 cm deep. If the head is submerged, all is not lost. The entire head MUST be dry before re-installing. This includes BEHIND the ribbon cable, so a shake out and an overnight drying spell in a warm dry place should be OK.

Needless to say, do NOT stick it in an oven...

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
I would recommend re washing in distilled water.

Looking forward on how this Fairy liquid will work on your problem.