Pixma mg7550 waste ink reset

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
This post has a table of error codes for the service tools. Error 006 could mean that the printer has not entered service mode or more than one printer is connected to the PC. Error 009 means an electronic or mechanical error prevents the operation of the printer.

This thread
might have some useful tips, as it is also about service mode operations on a newer Canon printer with the traditional buttons replaced by sensor fields.

pixmania

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I've tried every which way i can with v3400 and it doesnt work with the canon mg7550.
There are no physical buttons on this printer, i dont think the tool is compatible to this printer as the paper selection rear tray? is completely irrelevant as there are only 2 cassette choices on this model, no rear tray. The best i can get is activated buttons that respond with error 006 when used. When your not in service mode the buttons are greyed and unresponsive. There's no info about service tools for the mg7550 as all the supposed info for entering service mode is not correct with details about physical buttons and red and green lights. None of which the mg7550 has!
I would like to here from somebody who actually has this printer and has successfully entered service mode, as most available info seems to be passed on heresay.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I have sent you a PM to try help with your current situation.
Good luck..

pixmania

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well it seems the Canon Pixma MG7550 has stumped everybody. So far nobody has responded saying they have this printer and have succesfully entered sercvice mode supplying service tool version and procedure used.