Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
That's a good and reliable method to get such great pictures - and it is not overdone.
But doesn't have your Canon Camera as well a RAW mode which could help in situations it is not possible to shoot 3 images since the RAW mode would give you a wider exposure latitude to start with. ?

It does have raw capture but there isn't really that much to improve on from the jpeg (perhaps a stop and a fraction). If I were to use it in bracketing, it slows own writing speed and the rapidness of exposures (as well as adding a significant processing step using RawTherapee). Someday, I should try it! I went through "overdoneness" when I first got Photomatix, but eventually "saw the light"...

The output of Photomatix is a TIFF with a bit depth of 16 per channel (48 bit TIFF). You can really "massage" that a lot!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
There is more to HDR than it would fit into this thread, let me just point you to the RawDigger software
https://www.rawdigger.com/
which directly can show you the overall exposure latitude of your RAW files - 12 bit or probably as well 14 bit.
The jpeg compression cuts off quite some of the available exp. latitude, and with bracketing you are recreating the data in those areas. HDR software let you do more like local contrast enhancement, dehazing etc to get to an overall pleasing result.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Just because we’re having some technical difficulties with the POW, doesn’t mean you guys shouldn’t continue to supply the thread with your great pic…
Sorry for the inconvenience.. We’ll be back… :D :thumbsup

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
o.k. - one more - flower power

Flower Power.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
🐷 Pigs may fly, if we’re all still waiting for Sumi to reappear any time soon, :hugs but I did expect @Support to step in and lend a hand in her absence , but see how wrong I can be… :idunno

Latest posts