Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions

deccma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 100
Maybe I am missing something here?????? I assumed that you had re-sized it to the 250 wide Pixel requirement and you were showing me what it looks like. It looks fine, but when I looked at it's properties it says it is 576 pixel wide by 768 pixel high so not sure what you are telling me.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Maybe I am missing something here?????? I assumed that you had re-sized it to the 250 wide Pixel requirement and you were showing me what it looks like. It looks fine, but when I looked at it's properties it says it is 576 pixel wide by 768 pixel high so not sure what you are telling me.

I thought you were trying to display it at full size like the other images in this thread.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I was going to submit a photo here that looked good until I re-sized it to the 250 pixels required width. It was then unworthy of submission it looked like crap. So I tried another photo with the same results. Anybody with advice on how to re-size a jpeg photo and have it remain decent at 72PPi. I must be missing something or the size restriction is too stringent. Inputs would be appreciated. I have attached a jpeg photo 72 ppi

You can up-load .jpg images up to 10MB on this site, but usually about 800KB or less, is a good size. My flower image post#78 was unusually large at 4.7MB and shows the detail better.

Last edited:

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
I was going to submit a photo here that looked good until I re-sized it to the 250 pixels required width. It was then unworthy of submission it looked like crap. So I tried another photo with the same results. Anybody with advice on how to re-size a jpeg photo and have it remain decent at 72PPi. I must be missing something or the size restriction is too stringent. Inputs would be appreciated. I have attached a jpeg photo 72 ppi

Method 1

Get free app just google

Method 2

Photoshop.....File>Script>Image Processor

Method 3

Lightroom .....File> Export....and fill in the details as required .jpg and sRGB

I size 1000 x 1000 pix at max Quality .

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
There’s silly me, :idunno I just upload my Pic and wait to see if it was successful, no special arrangements, it mostly works.. :D

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
There’s silly me, :idunno I just upload my Pic and wait to see if it was successful, no special arrangements, it mostly works.. :D

It WILL do that with small .jpg files. I have to downsize a LOT especially if I try to export a Pano that is half a gig.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Another method which keeps the original size of the file is to use a third party website to upload your images to and then post the link in this forum.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Another method which keeps the original size of the file is to use a third party website to upload your images to and then post the link in this forum.
Yep i do not quite understand the problem he is having, simply upload the image anywhere and wrap the link in....
Code:
[IMG]HTTP://YOURIMAGE[/IMG]

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
@CakeHole, if I was to try your way HTTP://YOURIMAGE[/IMG] I could guarantee I’d get it wrong and never get my Pic to upload. :oops:

Even posting this code up touch 3 attempts .. :confused:

LOL trying to plain post
Code:
[img]http//anypicture link here[/img]
will result in it not displaying correctly as the http:// bit is not a link to an image.

I eventually wrapped it in code tags to try to make it clearer what is happening. Its doing nothing different to what happens when you click the "image" button when making a post and that asks for a link to your image. I just explained the code in case the user concerned was having issues using the "image" button for whatever reason.

They or anyone as mentioned can also host their image on another site such as tinypic, imageupload, imageshack, google web space etc etc or even take an image from an existing web space and use the IMG code.

It does NOT HAVE TO BE a .jpg/.jpeg file which was mentioned either

An Example using a .PNG file...
Entering
Code:
[img]http://domaingang.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/example.png[/img]

WITHOUT the code tags and just the IMG tags will result in...
example.png

As long as you can type IMG in square [] brackets then paste your image link and then type /IMG in square [] brackets you can not go far wrong :D

Last edited: