Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
That has 'X' factor - PLUS!

I like the shot of the little lonely starling too, it would be worth the time and effort to put him into a focused homely background..

It’s like big house on the prairie, congratulants @turbguy..:D

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
I like the shot of the little lonely starling too, it would be worth the time and effort to put him into a focused homely background..

It’s like big house on the prairie, congratulants @turbguy..:D
I am viewing that image on a smartphone, not a high definition monitor and its up there with as good as I have seen. I also like the current background for the fact that it echoes the sheen in the feathers. We have had some smashing images posted here over time but that one is special IMHO. Add to that the fact that flower, bird, wedding photos bore me to snores, we have a couple of members that put up said images that demand attention due to their qualities again and again......good stuff I think.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
'Fading in the sun'...... I have a little operator who helps me with all my targets - fading - profiling etc
Fading.jpg

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i560
Here's a recent one. Using a old Minolta DiMage 7 (5 MP), with a IR720 filter, and a multi-shot HDR combination. This cam was manufactured with a very weak IR cut filter, so the auto-focus and EVF still work, even looking through a filter so dark you can't see through it...but the camera does!

View attachment 2975

Looking north from my home...
Congrats @turbguy for bagging this week's POW!

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Here is my contribution to the "POW" contest. It is a picture of a Hortensia shot last summer when visiting family. Some flowers contain dyes that are similar to litmus and behave like litmus paper. If you for instance stir a blue Campanula on top of an anthill it soon gets red spots from the ants spraying it with formic acid. I wondered if the soil pH varied very much around the plant, but neither acid nor base could make the flowers change colour.

In stead I think the colour depends on the development of the flowers, the red flowers on the left face toward south and so has got more sunshine than the blue flowers on the right facing north.

View attachment 3964

In Africa my Mother grew Hydranger, she fed them fermented (in water) fresh cow dung. Her plants attracted visitors due to the intensity of their colours. It was so intense that it could not be viewed for long on days of very bright sun, as the colour shifted and started to play tricks on the eye and that was uncomfortable. They very definitely changed colour due to feeding her mix....her pinks went an almost black blue !!

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Do you notice any similarity between the two?

Starling.JPG Presenter.JPG Click to enlarge
Starling and BBC News Presenter