Peach ink tanks?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Further more there is no alternative to ARC chips because there’s no resetter for these OEM paper chips.. :(

Pentode

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8750 and ML3050
ARC chips a new un to me, I'll have a shufty after, not half learning something on here.

Dave

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
ARC chip, (Automatic Reset Chip) is in affect a cartridge chip that resets itself every time you power off your printer or remove the cartridge to refill it.

While it’s a bit of a bummer that it resets every time at power on, it does give you some ink monitoring and stops the printer from running continued cleaning cycles.

They are not the best idea around but they do give some sort of stability while printing, and need to be visually checked and never allowed to run beyond low ink warning, there’re better than running with your ink monitoring disabled..

Pentode

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8750 and ML3050
I would tend to agree with The Hat, from what I was reading I'd be tempted to steer clear of these because 'it seems' that you need to watch the ink levels physically like an hawk as the levels indicated on the 'inkometer' does not always correspond to the actual ink tank level.... and if those bubble jet nozles run dry every chance you'll get 'popped elements' just like you would with a leccy kettle, to be honest I think I'd be wary.

I would guess these paper chips or for those who uses CISS, when the bottles empty the ink tanks full, giving you plenty of time get another bottle.

Why not use a re-setter, isn't there not one for ip8750?

Dave

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Why not use a re-setter, isn't there not one for ip8750?
Dave

That's the problem. No resetter exists for the PGIx50/CLI-x51 cartridges, and even if you can disable ink monitoring to use refilled cartridges, the printer is delivered with low capacity starter or setup ink cartridges. Furthermore both the small and the XL version of these cartridges are totally opaque, so visual inspection of the ink levels is not an option.

This makes third party refillable cartridges a better option for these newer printers. Some of the refillable cartridges come with intelligent ARC chips, that will only reset if they have registered empty. Powering off the printer when the chips have not yet registered empty will not cause them to reset.

Some time ago I bought some compatible PGI-520/CLI-521 ink cartridges from Lidl supermarket. I think these cartridges are most likely Peach brand. They worked well, but are not suitable for refill.

Pentode

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8750 and ML3050
@PeterBJ
Never seen tanks in our Lidl, must pay closer attention next time I go.... I would tend to agree they would probably be Peach or a German brand.

My printer workload is only light and that's spasmodic, think I'll be quite contempt to stick to ink tanks, my main concern was finding a 'reasonable' ink brand to use and sticking to it.

Dave

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Like with the popular United Office photo paper made by Sihl, Lidl only offers the cartridges once or twice a year. Aldi and Lidl often have the same offers within weeks in different EU countries, so it has become popular to post paper and possibly cartridge offers in the "Paper and Other Media" forum, like this. If you don't want to miss the paper and cartridge offers you could subscribe to the Aldi and Lidl newsletters.

Pentode

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8750 and ML3050
Strange???

I searched for Peach cartridges, I got Peach cartridges and was directed to a shop, they supplied Picture Expert Premium ink tanks in black plastic casing.

"Oh well, I'll give em' a try."

Dave

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
See this if you want Peach brand cartridges.

Edit: I did some more searches, and it looks like Peach doesn't sell the CLI-551 Grey compatible cartridge.

Last edited:

Pentode

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8750 and ML3050
Even more baffled now...!

I got mine from Cartridge People in Jersey, I don't know if it's the same as Cartridge Shop they also have a shop there, they are new and not re-manufactured as I've seen on some ink tanks

When reading 'About' the dispatch address Switzerland although it had a Channel Island custom sticker on. I am always reluctant to buy from Ebay and places like that.

The iP7250 uses the same ink tanks but not the gray one, this will be why in some cases you may see the gray tank separate I guess.

Dave