Peach ink tanks?

Pentode

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8750 and ML3050
Just wondering what your thoughts are on Peach ink tanks, are they anygood or is there anything better?

Dave

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score

Pentode

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8750 and ML3050
Ah, sorry I should have said, Canon ip8750.

Thanks for the link, not read it yet I'll dig it from the book marks after. As long as the colours are reasonable and the reliability is OK that will do for me, I don't want to go down the route of longevity otherwise I'd be sticking with canon I guess.

Two polls might be an idea here, one for refillable inks and the other for tanks... wouldn't need to ask the question then, never refilled any myself to date.

Now I'll have a read, thanks again, Dave.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Just wondering what your thoughts are on Peach ink tanks, are they anygood or is there anything better?

Dave

I used a couple of sets of BCl-6 peach cartridges (24 in all) and they didn’t give me the slightest problems whatsoever, the colours were a little bit off but otherwise smashing.. :cool:

Pentode

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8750 and ML3050
I guess a lot too depends on the photo paper, the acidity and so on. I'm not looking for exact perfection, reliability is though.

I think I'd be right in saying those who refill has more control and far better options than those buying tanks. There must be many people here uses ink tanks, maybe I should have put the question differently.

A good link Marti0reg given, I'll have to have another look.

Dave

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
It simply boils down to two options if you don’t want to use OEM ink, then aftermarket filled cartridges are very good for those that don’t wish to refill if they don't want too for whatever reason.

The other is refilling again there are two options here also, the best option is to refill the OEM cartridges without a dough, but sometime like on the latest model printers this is not always possible, so it is best to source a good refillable cartridge instead.

When you refill your own OEM cartridges, you get the best chance of reproducing a brand new OEM cartridge every time, so long as your refill procedure is done correctly and successfully, however peach cartridges don’t fall in this category.

You also get the choice to use the best ink that’s available from whatever source you choose yourself, whether it’s OEM from large capacity cartridges or 3rd party ink from a reliable source, it’s really up to the you as to how much you want to pay for good quality ink.

Refilling is not cheap to start with, but over a period of time it is by far the cheapest method there is to use an inkjet printer, and next to that is to buy the prefilled aftermarket cartridges..

Pentode

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ip8750 and ML3050
Emmm, thank you The Hat, ya getting me interested, at least this way you do have the choice on the quality of the ink used or I ink to suit your needs, I can see through that tunnel.

I've done a bit of reading up and down these boards, many a interesting thread I may add. I've seen refillable tanks kits for various printers these kinda sparked my thoughts.

I noted from another thread that it's better to use OEM tanks.... but don't they have false walls in? Maybe I'd be better asking in the refillers section here, we'll need a chip resetter right?

Better leave this til another time for the other board, right now I was just interested in compatible ink tank's, I do prefer those tanks you can see the ink in rather than those non see through ones, dunno why just a faddy I guess.

Dave.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@Pentode If your carts are the new 551 type then refilling is not easy or recommended because it can be a real hit and miss to refill these carts properly, and then you’ll have no ink monitoring with the OEM carts.

The alternative is aftermarket or refillable carts, and you know where to get the pre-filled Peach carts from, but later if your interest is tweaked then look into here.. http://www.octoink.co.uk/categories/Bulk-Ink/Canon-Compatible/CLI%2d551-{47}-PGI%2d550/

Smudger

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
IX6850, IP7250
"I do prefer those tanks you can see the ink in rather than those non see through ones"

The Go Ink ones are transparent, and work for me. You can get them from Amazon or from the Go Inks website.

140hv0i.jpg

Last edited:

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I've used the Peach 525/526 cartridges before starting to refill.
The construction of the cartridges changed several times, but never had any problem with the quality of the ink.
The last ones were so well built and resettable that I refilled some ones (I know it is against the forum orthodoxy :p).
IMO refilling Canon dye ink cartridges is very cheap: for about the cost of 2 sets of good quality 3th party cartridges (like Peach) you have a resetter and enough ink to refill 10 times (again from a good supplier).
For 550/551 printers the cost of the resetter is replaced by the one time purchase of a set of cartridges with ARC chips.
Afterwards you only have to buy ink bottles.

Latest posts