Odd nozzle check

Harvey

Print Addict
Reaction score
@PeterBJ that message of yours is a complete unveiling of mytseries around ink monitoring. I like your explanations, it will be very useful to all members.

These words have to be carved in stone.

It is a very good idea to refill the cartridge when you get the low ink warning, as stated by The Hat. Waiting for the out of ink warning is risky, the cartridge could be out of ink before the warning is issued.

Harvey

Print Addict
Reaction score
Putting an empty cartridges with the chip reset into any printer is a disaster waiting to happen because you just created a scenario that just cant happen normally and it will cancel all ink monitoring hence fourth. (A deliberate forced act on your part)

I just used the cartridges with no ink because color printing is disabled and to prevent waste ink problems.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Please mark a sentence, where I mentioned about disabling ink monitor?

Ł.
You didn’t I did, because the printer itself automatically suspends ink monitoring under those conditions you mentioned, because there is an attempt to override the EPROM instructions which it cannot allow..

Łukasz

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG6250 (MG5150 before)
You didn’t I did, because the printer itself automatically suspends ink monitoring under those conditions you mentioned, because there is an attempt to override the EPROM instructions which it cannot allow..
I mentioned, that chip have to be reset (with use of reseter), so how printer can disable ink monitoring without human command?

Ł.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The chip reporting full, and the prism reporting ink chamber empty doesn't normally occur in the use of the printer. But in case of a serious leak of ink from the cartridge this siltation could occur. I guess it would trigger an error message.

You can suspend ink monitoring but this is done manually. I have not read about or heard that the printer can disable ink monitoring automatically.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I mentioned, that chip have to be reset (with use of reseter), so how printer can disable ink monitoring without human command?
Ł.
The disabling of the ink monitoring is hidden from you and is done in response to what the EPROM reckons is a fatal error so to speak by taking the only action it can. (Self-protection)

The print head is in the replace position and then it receives a new cartridge which does not fit the criteria of full tank plus full chip, so the EPROM can only take this response to that situation.

Anyone can try this themselves is very easy to do and everything will look normal and your printer will still print with full ink monitoring ! ! But the sting in the tail is YOU WON’T GET ANY WARNING when you run out of ink. (Scratch one print head)

The owner may have not noticed that the cartridge was empty or wants to avoid this built-in protection and try’s to trick the printer or may want to run a cleaning cycle and the EPROM will allow this maintenance but no protective printing till a new cartridge in installed.

There is no way to get round the software protection system that’s installed, many have tried including me many times and have always failed, so some guy invented the resetter for a very good work around, you may own the printer but Canon own the software that drives it.. :(

Harvey

Print Addict
Reaction score
Regarding the odd nozzle check @Lukasz confirmed me that this nozzle check is caused by a masking of the connector on the printhead. Thanks to all for your help.