8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
that is probably the dumbest part of it
none of the L Series printer come with the user exchangable Maintenance Box
or_t671000_690x460.jpg

WHY NOT?

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
As i said with the L300 it is almost as simple as changing a maintrnance box, just one screw underneath the printer...easy to reach for such a small and simple A4 printer...

..so for this time it is not "planned obsolescence"...

Last edited:

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I know this thread is about EPSON but BROTHER MFC-5895CW that I have is very good.

- No Chips
- Refillable carts as large as 100ml for black 80ml for color
- You leave carts installed once, remove plug add ink as needed. Cant be simpler than this.
- Printer has auto maintenance mode, cleans heads once in 2 days. No clogs even you do not print, why this is not available in CANON or EPSON?
- And while this is Office grade printer it has 1.5pl droplets meaning photos print very good, you can't see the dots.
- Unlike in HP, EPSON, Canon the black cart originally containing pigment ink, the color carts are DYE inks can be used in printing not only text. So this opens quite wide possibilities. This makes what looks like CMY printer to CMYK printer, that can use rich black cart for printing photos. Again this pure software limitation on CANON, EPSON, HP.

So far this printer works way better then any other considering the price too and that it's A3 machine with integrated Wi-fi and LAN support.

I don't understand how EPSON can sell it's L series A4 4color printers when BROTHER sells A3 for same price or cheaper, with Wi-fi, LAN, FAX etc.

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
i Haw brother dcp-l105
4*6 photo ,printer need 14 minutes in best quality mode
that is to long
its true ,that photo is great whit no dots
but blaks are from CMY and are not fine but muddy.
Black ink only use if you set plain paper
Inks tank supply is great also originals are for many pages

Last edited:

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
"4*6 photo ,printer need 14 minutes in best quality mode"

14minutes? really?

My BROTHER MFC-5895CW

takes about 1min 30sec for 4x6 photo in Inkjet paper /Photo mode.
takes about 3min for for 4x6 photo in Other photo paper /Highest mode.

This nowhere near 14minutes you said.

but blaks are from CMY and are not fine but muddy.

Yes in Highest mode and in Brother Photo paper modes CMY used to mix black.
But in Photo mode using Inkjet paper setting black is used from black cartridge. This makes black print true black.

The Highest mode has a little better print dithering, that Photo mode. I think I'll need to ask fellow hacker to take a look at the pure software limitation as I think brother want us to buy his brand photo paper.

Black ink only use if you set plain paper

Yes , and Inkjet paper too.

Łukasz

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG6250 (MG5150 before)
Some older Brother inkjet printers was very slow in photo mode. One hour for borderless A4 in photo mode - not a joke.

Ł.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Some older Brother inkjet printers was very slow in photo mode. One hour for borderless A4 in photo mode - not a joke.

Ł.
Thats crazy, one hour :eek:
The MFC-5895CW print head looks more advanced than EPSON, perhaps you can confirm that?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Well, my MFC-5895CW jams only on cheap A4 copy paper, DATA COPY or other brand paper never jams. Thick photo paper thicker than 200gsm also has hard time loading. But there is trick to glue A4 plain paper sheet in printer tray and then load photo paper in it. It makes loading of glossy paper possible.

Thicker paper can be loaded by hand, however my printer has not manual loading tray. But on the the other hand if you remove the back cover there is no sensor there so the paper can be loaded manually. Had to do it a few times, works OK.
But a paper feed path system is required for easier job.

DryAxE

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L1800, Canon iPF6400
Well i just had to come here and ask for honest opinion from more experienced members.

At home i have a brand new Epson 3880 that i got dirt cheap for 600€ (with full carts). My main usage is print for photo books and when i wanted to buy some paper for printer i came upon Tecco reseller that said that Epson L1800 dye printer would be a better option for photo books, since it is 3x cheaper print and better resistance to scratches and fingerprints (offcourse with Tecco paper combo). And yes i saw some sample prints that were made and were much more durable than pigment print, but not in all areas (fade and water resistance is better with pigments).
I performed my own tests and found out.
3880 pigment:
+ excelent water resistance
+ awesome quality on fine art and matte
- bronzing in highlighted areas
- less scratch resistance but still quite ok with the right paper types

L1800 dye:
+ 3 cheaper print
+ more scratch resistant (Tecco drylab paper)
+ no bronzing present
- less water resistance (even with Tecco drylab)

Each printer has its own qualities and drawbacks but what i am wondering is it worth buying extra dye printer when i have Epson 3880 already. I believe fade resistance is not an issue since it is dark storage but still pigments are more archival.
Well if i can say, the main arguments for buying L1800 dye printer are price of print and no bronzing on highlights.

I know that there are some ways to lower the 3880 costs, i am leaning towards refillable carts with combo of OEM ink from bigger K3 ink printers. 3rd party inks? I dont know? I am having doubts.