New Epson ITS (Ink Tanks System, aka CISS) Product Line

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
Yes that may be indeed the real cause ... because epson seems to sell less and less OEM ink in Asia/Indonesia, where these models were launched first...

Beside the low ink cost they could praise it for environmentalism, seriously.

Last edited:

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
Now I got one!
L300 (=L355 without scanner and wlan), first impression:

- simple and small, rather plasticky than solid
- with a well designed and integrated ciss, no fuss with resetting, can be filled with other inks too (will try pigment later)
- first photo prints are good, hopefully can be improved with driver settings and ICM..
- rather slow, 13x18 in good photo quality 2:30min, decent quality 1:15min
- I paid 160€ which is ca. 100€ extra costs compared to a model without ciss, but with ink on board like 50 cartridges - which would cost you 700€ (if you are using OEM carts... :( )

More details in german:
http://www.druckerchannel.de/forum....8&s=2&t=news_epson_ecotank_l355_und_l555#AW13

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I rather would buy an Epson 1500W with 2 sets of refillable cartridges with pigment ink. I am now using Inktec Powerchrome K3 CcMmYK ink in my Epson 1500W and printing quality is really good indeed :thumbsup. Nice gamut and brilliant gloss on cheap Netbit Glossy paper from Lidl.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
Yes the 1500w seems to be a very good offer for the price..
BTW where do you get small amount of the new inktec powerchrome, like 100ml each??

But these are "different leagues": high quality photo printing, big, solid built ..
..vs. a small a4 printer for everyday use and cheap endless printing without changing carts, refilling, resetting..thanks to the first OEM-CISS from epson..

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hi Martin,

Well I contacted Martin from Octoinkjet.co.uk and he is planning to provide this fantastic pigment ink in stock. You can however use dip CISS for the Epson 1500W as well. I got my Inktec Powerchrome K3 ink from him, so I suggest to contact him. I saw a video on youtube who installed his CISS in a particular way, that no obstruction or banging of the internal tubing will occur:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e59r-I5_32I

However for pigment ink, I would suggest a dip-in system. This is a very smart way of installing a CISS, as most method I saw, cause problems with closing the lid or banging and jamming of the tubing system.

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
@martin
you can get inktec directly from inktec germany but only 1000ml in volume as smallest

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
The ciss is probably better than most others, because it is from epson and it is integrated in the printer, hopefully no messing around with tubes and other issues...just easy refilling.

It's suppose to be like that, but I read on russian forums that the printer has problems with air entering the dummy carts, sorry forgot the name, and then the printer has problems with banding. So you have to pull them out and suck some ink into them so they half full of ink.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
No problems yet, but I have not printed so much.
You can do a deep clean, this is like new filling the whole tubing...supposed to set the waste ink counter about 20% higher so avoid that.
But there is a (cracked) "epson adjustment program" for the L300 to find, seem to work fine for resetting the waste ink counter. And the waste ink pad is easy to reach and renew from the bottom...if you don't have a external waste bottle installed (which is a little fiddly)