Need the perfect printer, for labels...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
jrp1 said:
I printed on paper, please read the previous comments.
What previous comments? Do you mean these?

Never printed directly from photoshop, how do I print from photoshop?
Followed by
I assume I need a better printer in order to print good labels correct? Thing is, I will be printing about 40 different labels that have different flavor names on them. The label will be the same, but the name on the label will be changed. So it requires a lot of printing. I need advice on what printer I should get for my needs, what do yall recommend?
Followed by
sorry for the delay I have been very busy.
I have not printed it from photoshop because I have been swamped. I will print it in from photoshop tomorrow first thing in the morning and let you know how it printed.
Followed by
Alright, I just printed it from Photoshop and it looks good. The only thing that could be changed is the Nicotine and PG/VG font.
But it printed pretty well, the arial fonts are nice and defined, readable which is important. The gradient is nice.

Now why does my printer not print like this?
No where did you write what you printed on or even if you used your printer with Photoshop. In fact, your last sentence, which I boldfaced, makes it appear you used a different printer. This is the reason for my post asking you about this.

I've read all the comments in this thread. Your the one who has not paid attention to what you write and then get flippant with someone who has only offered assistance.

Nice going.

jrp1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
flippant? no, not at all. If you took that as "flippant" let me assure you, that's not how it was meant and I do apologize.

I just wanted to make sure you had a clear understanding of what was going on.

Let me break it down,
I am printing on a Canon Pixma mp250, I am using labels from Onlinelabels, the OL248 is the item number on their website.
I am trying to print labels for my company. I was told to print them from Photoshop to see if it would make a difference printing quality wise. It did.
My labels when printed on, are not how they are designed in Photoshop, the writing is blurry and the gradient has tiny 1px white dots all in it. The gradient isn't much of a deal, but the blurry text is.

I need a good printer that can print amazing quality labels, as if I were to get them printed from a company.

Hope you can help!
Thanks,
Jon

stratman said:
jrp1 said:
I printed on paper, please read the previous comments.
What previous comments? Do you mean these?

Never printed directly from photoshop, how do I print from photoshop?
Followed by
I assume I need a better printer in order to print good labels correct? Thing is, I will be printing about 40 different labels that have different flavor names on them. The label will be the same, but the name on the label will be changed. So it requires a lot of printing. I need advice on what printer I should get for my needs, what do yall recommend?
Followed by
sorry for the delay I have been very busy.
I have not printed it from photoshop because I have been swamped. I will print it in from photoshop tomorrow first thing in the morning and let you know how it printed.
Followed by
Alright, I just printed it from Photoshop and it looks good. The only thing that could be changed is the Nicotine and PG/VG font.
But it printed pretty well, the arial fonts are nice and defined, readable which is important. The gradient is nice.

Now why does my printer not print like this?
No where did you write what you printed on or even if you used your printer with Photoshop. In fact, your last sentence, which I boldfaced, makes it appear you used a different printer. This is the reason for my post asking you about this.

I've read all the comments in this thread. Your the one who has not paid attention to what you write and then get flippant with someone who has only offered assistance.

Nice going.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
jrp1 Alright, I just printed it from Photoshop and it looks good. The only thing that could be changed is the Nicotine and PG/VG font.
Now you have got me confused, above you say that you printed it in Photoshop and your label look good.
My labels when printed on, are not how they are designed in Photoshop, the writing is blurry and the gradient has tiny 1px white dots all in it. The gradient isn't much of a deal, but the blurry text is.
Then you have the above statement saying that the writing is blurry and the gradient has tiny white dots all over it
So I would like to know does your label print properly in Photoshop (satisfactory) or is it rubbish and unacceptable.
I need a good printer that can print amazing quality labels,
Again this can only be achieved when your artwork is printing properly.
When you have sorted out your label and can get the print quality acceptable
save it in Photoshop as a PNG and then drop it into word and make a PDF from it then take your PDF
to a store as suggested by stratman below to get the printer best suited for the job in hand.
stratman I would suggest the best solution is to take your label paper into an electronics store where demo printers
are on display and make prints yourself.
This way you can compare results and select the best printer for your needs.

jrp1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
Now you have got me confused, above you say that you printed it in Photoshop and your label look good.
that was when I printed it from photoshop on a piece of paper, not on my label.

The Hat said:
Then you have the above statement saying that the writing is blurry and the gradient has tiny white dots all over it
So I would like to know does your label print properly in Photoshop (satisfactory) or is it rubbish and unacceptable.
that's when I print it on a label, not from photoshop but from maestro the program onlinelabels supplies you with.

The Hat said:
jrp1 Alright, I just printed it from Photoshop and it looks good. The only thing that could be changed is the Nicotine and PG/VG font.
I need a good printer that can print amazing quality labels,
Again this can only be achieved when your artwork is printing properly.
When you have sorted out your label and can get the print quality acceptable
save it in Photoshop as a PNG and then drop it into word and make a PDF from it then take your PDF
to a store as suggested by stratman below to get the printer best suited for the job in hand.
stratman I would suggest the best solution is to take your label paper into an electronics store where demo printers
are on display and make prints yourself.
This way you can compare results and select the best printer for your needs.

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Check the print quality settings, especially dots per inch. You're printing from two different pieces of software.

You could also test by, say printing from the label software on paper, and see how that works.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
jrp1 that's when I print it on a label, not from photoshop but from maestro the program onlinelabels supplies you with.
The way I see is that your label software is causing you most of the trouble
because its not interrupting the original Photoshop artwork properly.

Try printing it directly from Photoshop onto your label and then see if that quality is satisfactory to you.
Youll still need a good quality PDF (not the one from maestro) for a test print on a new printer in an outlet store..