Need the perfect printer, for labels...

jrp1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
jrp1
Your printer wont do well on low quality setting so youre stuck with Standard or High quality only,
the mp250 is only a low range dpi c, y, m colour printer.

From your previous post you said you printed from Maestro only as PDF and that maybe related your problem.
There are two types of PDF, one for the web and the other for printing they are completely different and shouldnt get mixed up.

Have a look at your settings and make sure that they are set for high quality output before saving to PDF.
You could also try printing your artwork straight from Photoshop to see if your problem
is related to document conversion and not your printer at all.

As far as getting a new printer is concerned the advice mentioned below would be the best way to go
because then you could be the best judge of your own quality and not the salesman.
stratman I would suggest the best solution is to take your label paper into an electronics store where demo printers
are on display and make prints yourself.
This way you can compare results and select the best printer for your needs.
Never printed directly from photoshop, how do I print from photoshop?
This simple problem of not being able to print good looking labels is stalling my new website launch date.

I guess I'll take it in somewhere for advice.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
jrp1 Never printed directly from photoshop, how do I print from photoshop?
Printing from Photoshop couldnt be simpler but there again it can get complicated.
Its hit and miss with printing so if you want to just print one Very easy
but when it comes to multiplies then it get more complicated as I said.
If you mail me details of just want you want to do and how many you want to print together
then I will give you a step by step guide to easy printing ok..

jrp1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
jrp1 Never printed directly from photoshop, how do I print from photoshop?
Printing from Photoshop couldnt be simpler but there again it can get complicated.
Its hit and miss with printing so if you want to just print one Very easy
but when it comes to multiplies then it get more complicated as I said.
If you mail me details of just want you want to do and how many you want to print together
then I will give you a step by step guide to easy printing ok..
I assume I need a better printer in order to print good labels correct? Thing is, I will be printing about 40 different labels that have different flavor names on them. The label will be the same, but the name on the label will be changed. So it requires a lot of printing. I need advice on what printer I should get for my needs, what do yall recommend?

Thanks

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
jrp1
You still have not got back to us about how the label printed in Photoshop yet.
Even if you change printers the same quality output may still a cure.
The best printer to buy is one that is easy refillable, a Canon..
If you would put your location on your thread it would help considerably
with better and more accurate information for you.... ;)

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
When you print labels do you use papers that are specifically made for label printing? Avery is one brand name that offers many products for label printing on inkjet and laser platforms. You can print labels of many standard label sizes on their label products. They also provide free download of label printing software that allows you to design your own label. The easiest way to print label is to use the free software and Canon printer is the best in printing such labels because of its high density print head. If your labels are small you will be using small fonts. You will see why Canon is the best for this kind of taks. Epson printers are very poor in printing small fonts.HP printers may be OK but will be slower than Canons.

You can download Avery Design Pro for PC here:
http://www.avery.com/avery/en_US/Templates-&-Software/Software/?Ns=Rank

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Tin Ho said:
When you print labels do you use papers that are specifically made for label printing?
See post #4.

jrp1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hey all,

sorry for the delay I have been very busy.
I have not printed it from photoshop because I have been swamped. I will print it in from photoshop tomorrow first thing in the morning and let you know how it printed.

Thanks,
Jon

jrp1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Alright, I just printed it from Photoshop and it looks good. The only thing that could be changed is the Nicotine and PG/VG font.
But it printed pretty well, the arial fonts are nice and defined, readable which is important. The gradient is nice.

Now why does my printer not print like this?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
jrp1 said:
Alright, I just printed it from Photoshop and it looks good. The only thing that could be changed is the Nicotine and PG/VG font.
But it printed pretty well, the arial fonts are nice and defined, readable which is important. The gradient is nice.

Who's/what printer did you use? Did you use the same blank labels as before?

jrp1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Used my printer, Canon Pixma mp250.

I printed on paper, please read the previous comments.

stratman said:
jrp1 said:

Who's/what printer did you use? Did you use the same blank labels as before?