iP4600 suddenly the printhead died!

geocha

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
geocha said:
I don't think that is the ink. Today i took a part again the printhead and cleanit up really well. I strongly think that is an electrical issue because the missing nozzles are always the same. oh, now i also lost again the yellow channel...totally!
I also cleanedup the gold contacts where the printhead makes contact with the printer. Nothing :(

How can i check if there is ink starvation?
You still havent explained what you meant by taking apart you print head.

The best way to check if you cartridges are supplying enough ink to your print head is to get an another cartridge
that you know works, or even better a new one and try a nozzle check using that..
there are 2 little screws bellow the head. I just took them out and opened the head plate, cleaned the little holes and the printhead plate.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
geocha
there are 2 little screws bellow the head. I just took them out and opened the head plate, cleaned the little holes and the printhead plate.
I was afraid you were going to say that because there are no serviceable parts inside the print head and
the act of removing the ceramic plate may have damaged your print beyond repair,
so I hope you prepared to buy yourself a new print head, Ops sorry.. :(

geocha

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
geocha
I was afraid you were going to say that because there are no serviceable parts inside the print head and
the act of removing the ceramic plate may have damaged your print beyond repair,
so I hope you prepared to buy yourself a new print head, Ops sorry.. :(
The head works "fine". It's like i never unscrewed these bolts. There is nothing inside to damage if you don't scratch or insert a pin inside the small holes in order "clean" the head. So for me the printhead was already dead. This was my last chance to make work/unclog.
Now my question is.... hp officejet 8100 or an Epson? :(
I loved my canon but... i can't digest this sudden death with no symptoms at all :(

geocha

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I diluted the ink of a full set of carts with some cleaning fluid and the nozzle check came out better. The problem is that after printing a page (full colour photo) i totally lost yellow. Could be an ink starvation issue?