I found somthing that cleans off ink stains from hands effectively!

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
A surprise!

I found that plain water and scrubbing with a dishwashing "scotch brite" style pad extremely effective in removing dye ink stains from my fingers and hands! Perhaps not 100% but at least 99%.

Try it...

Do you have alternatives?

Wayne

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I found your suggestion very informative but may be a bit hard on the auld hands.

There is also something else that works but is far less well known and not used very often
and that is your own urine, sounds distasteful but its also very effective.:thumbsup
(Dont tell stratman or Rodbam I said it) :hide

lin

Print Addict
Reaction score
hi turbguy, I am using these 2 types, Jif Cream Cleanser and those Powder Cleanser (that is in powder form instead of cream). These are used in the kitchen to scrub pot and pans etc. It takes off ink from hands 80%. Except the black stains are much harder to get rid off. And those ink that got underneath your nails are also much harder to get off.

2740_jifcreamcleanser.jpg

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I like to keep it simple. I wear latex exam gloves which usually prevent all staining to my hands. If I do get a few spots i just tip the bleach bottle to get a very small amount on a paper towel and wipe only the areas on my hands that have ink stains. Immediately wash afteward. I haven't seen any damage to my hands becuase the area of contact with bleach is confined and immediately washed when the stain is gone.

Ask you dentist to order you a box of the cheapest latex gloves from his/her dental supply house. Usually around 5-6 dollars maximum per box of 100. They come in small, medium, and large sizes, and each manufacturer sizes the gloves slightly differently. When you buy them from the hardward store or pharmacy the size selection is often nonexistant.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The Hat said:
There is also something else that works but is far less well known and not used very often
and that is your own urine, sounds distasteful but its also very effective.:thumbsup
I hear it works a treat on jellyfish stings too. :thumbsup

(Dont tell stratman or Rodbam I said it) :hide
Don't have to worry about me. It's Rodbam you have to watch out for.
peeing_out_the_window-2077.gif
:gig

binkie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
emerald said:
I've had success cleaning dye and pigment inks from my hands with a product identified and linked by ps.ijpf in this earlier post: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=53366#p53366

It's called LA Totally Awesome Cleaner. My wife uses it as a general cleaner for floors, walls and fabrics.
I get LA Totally Awesome Cleaner at the Dollar Store. It's also great for cleaning print heads. Just spray some in about a half inch of hot water and soak print head in the mixture. Spray some LA on top of the print head on the screens and let sit for an hour or so. Dab on some folded paper towels. Rinse with cold water and your clogged print head is back in business.

Binkie

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
The Hat said:
and that is your own urine, sounds distasteful but its also very effective.
I got some ink on me tongue when I was blowing out the air maze & the urine worked. Thanks Hat.