I bought an iMac 27"...my goodness.

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
Well...I started with Hackintosh on 2 PC's (one shuttle SH67H7 Core i7-2600 + 24 GB RAM and SSD) and one Core i7-3770K + 16 GB RAM + SSD. I already had a Macbook Air 13.3" with 8 GB RAM and now this will be my fourth OS X system, but now a genuine Mac :hide.
I'm sure you are in :love with your new iMac, who wouldn't! They are a beautiful piece of art and pack a lot of power in a small/slim design. If I hadn't had the bad experience with my MBP 2009 & 2011 I definitely would go for one of the new iMac myself, but for now I'm happy with my build. The downside of a custom build is missing the great look of an apple machine :( but the benefit of being able to upgrade/change any part in it & no need of more than 16 GB of ram (even though more is always better) due to dual boot makes me:weee Keep us updated in your experience with your new iMac.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
pharmacists you really do walk me trough this hackintosh, I have only seen a machine once life working at the universit hamburg for video editing

Could I get it to work with "any" hardware?
do you mind posting your specs or if already posted at other forums link these here?

Everything you want to buy for a succesfull hackintosh: http://www.tonymacx86.com/443-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-september-2014.html

Intel only. Gigabyte Intel Core mainboards are simply the most compatible mainboards for having a good working Hackintosh. Somehow Gigabyte has secret tricks in its BIOS, making Hackintosh very succesfull indeed.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
You nailed it! The worst part is coughing up $1,800+ for a decent apple machine that will mostly die in less than 2 years (the infamous video card issue) fortunately I had apple care. I wasn't taking any more chances with apple :fl and gave up the fancy look of their machines and sold both of my MBP and went back to where all started for me. Not fancy but it works for less than $1,000 :caf http://youtu.be/lWymdAe2fCk

The even bigger down side is no real upgrade potential, OK you can add more RAM (until they change the type AGAIN) or an SSD/HDD but forget about upgrading the CPU in a year or two and although the monitor is nice forget about a bigger one of them in a couple of years (unless its the even more outrageous priced MAC PRO) . If the PSU goes pop then unless you go to Apple you may as well consider a £1000+ machine dead where as a conventional machine its £40 for a new PSU and ya back up and running.

Design is nice, but id take practicality and flexibility every time :D I will not even mention the latest Iphone 6 banana phones ;) I sigh at what humanity has become all style and little substance, but admire Apple for making such a successful business out of it.

Well...I started with Hackintosh on 2 PC's (one shuttle SH67H7 Core i7-2600 + 24 GB RAM and SSD) and one Core i7-3770K + 16 GB RAM + SSD. I already had a Macbook Air 13.3" with 8 GB RAM and now this will be my fourth OS X system, but now a genuine Mac :hide.

A shuttle was what i first tried MAC OSX on :) great flexible, easy to get going little machines

pharmacists you really do walk me trough this hackintosh, I have only seen a machine once life working at the universit hamburg for video editing

Could I get it to work with "any" hardware?
do you mind posting your specs or if already posted at other forums link these here?

This website will tell you far more about hackintosh-ing then anyone here probably could......
http://www.tonymacx86.com/home.php

EDIT: opps see @pharmacist pointed to that site already

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If I want a colossus then I build a Windows PC but if I really want style, panache and a beautiful quality computer then there is nothing like a iMac 27”, eat your heart out guys, this is just an assume machine.. :plbb

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
I'd be very circumspect about citing beauty till you have sat in front of a properly calibrated purpose built colour correcting screen. If you are in it for output, forget mac, most master printers have one for networking with clients, but do the real work on a proper screen. Demos are done on laptops for space/weight or whilst on location etc. Cant do colour critical.

14 million iPhone 6 on day one does not make it a good buy, just shows how many real ideots there are out there and why organisations of that ilk can continue to operate.

Sad that so many good people get sucked in by the hype.

AND before you quote hundreds of Pros. Find ONE PRINTMAKER! forget the wannabe pros,

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I'd be very circumspect about citing beauty till you have sat in front of a properly calibrated purpose built colour correcting screen. If you are in it for output, forget mac, most master printers have one for networking with clients, but do the real work on a proper screen. Demos are done on laptops for space/weight or whilst on location etc. Cant do colour critical.

14 million iPhone 6 on day one does not make it a good buy, just shows how many real ideots there are out there and why organisations of that ilk can continue to operate.

Sad that so many good people get sucked in by the hype.

AND before you quote hundreds of Pros. Find ONE PRINTMAKER! forget the wannabe pros,
Currently I sit in front of a properly calibrated screen funny enough, but I still love the whole Mac screen set-up :love and no I don’t have nor own an iPhone or iPad.

Finally, I am a retired Master printer :bowand I sat in front of a 23” Mac screen for years and like the naked city I am one in 14 million people in that city. :eek: :)
Metric who? :D
Macs are American and so use inches for screen dimensions not millimetres.. :plbb

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Macs are American and so use inches for screen dimensions not millimetres.. :plbb

I don't mind the imperial system, but the steps are totally crazy and not logical: 12 inches makes 1 foot and 3 feet are one yard. 16 ounces in a pound or is it 12 ounces in a pound, depending on the type of pound. 12 pence is 1 shilling and 20 shillings in a pound. A disaster to calculate with.

Why not 10 inches in a foot and 10 feet in a yard, so steps x10??? It makes calculating so much easier.

I will stick to the "Système Internationale (S.I.)" Except for screen sizes :).

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
No disputing mac is tribal,
Anyone remember the Danny Kay song " the king is in the altogether"

I revel in my probation its FUN out here we are all enjoying our extra pocket money, free opgrades and hassle free printathons..........

PS

GOTCHA!! ....................its just TOO easy with tribe MAC♥♥♥♥♥♥