HP 8250 repair

RagerToo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP1200laser HP 8250 Photosmart
Several of you folks have been most helpful and I thoroughly appreciate it. But I'm ripping on my hair once again.

I performed all of the "fixing" for my 8250 on my XP Pro pentium M 1.8Ghz, 1Gb ram laptop. Everything was nominal. 1.1 flavor USB

I've since swapped the 8250 to my desktop. 2.8Ghz P4 HT, 3Gb ram. 2.0 flavor USB. Both have corp versions of Pro.

How in the heck to I see what drivers of HP I installed on the first machine, the laptop? I thought I had the same version on both machines. I've also run the firmware hack on both, (not available from HP anymore.)

On both machines HP's 'solutions' s/w is installed as well. Will XP (windows) printing handling override HP's or is it the other way around? I'm just frazzled right now.

I'm close to learning how to set up a printer server with another low-power using laptop I have.

RagerToo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model

RagerToo

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
I have removed/ uninstalled the 'latest' HP drivers and re-installed the original drivers off of the installation cd. Much better. At least as far as printing a HP sample page from the computer.

Learning printers is just like learning a flippin' OS.