How to store a Canon Pro 1

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@The Hat, where do you get the information concerning each cleaning cycle (60 hour, 120 hour, etc.) and how many ml of ink they use?
@William Seaward, With the aid of the Printer Potty, I can see at a glance every time the printer does maintenance, and can then weigh the results for each occasion, elementary my dear Watson...

Fitting a Printer Potty is not as easy a task as you might think on this printer, because it can carry severe consequences if not done properly..:(

@oroblec, just use a normal plastic garbage bag...

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
It might be better in the long run to print the weekly image OR this is a prime candidate for a printer potty.
Make sure you can enter Service Mode to be able to reset the diaper counter before buying a Printer Potty. Otherwise, a Printer Potty does not help if your printer stops working because it thinks the diaper is full and you cannot reset the counter.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
My first Pro-1 has entered service mode successfully... Haven't tried the second one yet.
Excellent! According to a @The Hat post in the past, Canon pushed a firmware update and/or began selling the printer with the new firmware which no one has been able to bypass and get into Service Mode.

A caution story to not update the printer's working software or firmware unless it fixes a specific problem you are having or adds some functionality you want.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10 - Epson L1800
Yes. I purchased semi-opaque vinyl dust covers made to my specifications for my printers.

You can find pre-made or custom made printer dust covers by searching Google for "printer dust cover".

do you remenber the store ???? remenber i live in dominican republic all i need to order online. that is the reason or use ebay or amazon but sometimes online they looks great but they are fake or low quality of vinyl and sometimes don't match with your equipment.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
do you remenber the store ????
I think it was http://www.compucover.com/ It was many years ago but I had that link saved so it probably is the place I got my covers. Mine look to be the Anti-Static Frosted Vinyl design and are still in fantastic condition, so well worth the cost. I don't know if the quality the same now as when I bought mine.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10 - Epson L1800
I think it was http://www.compucover.com/ It was many years ago but I had that link saved so it probably is the place I got my covers. Mine look to be the Anti-Static Frosted Vinyl design and are still in fantastic condition, so well worth the cost. I don't know if the quality the same now as when I bought mine.

Thanks man for all your help.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Me di cuenta que eres Dominicano! Soy un Boricua de PR I en caso que no lo sepas, por favor chequea my canal de videos. La link esta abajo. Vas a encontrar toneladas de informacion sobre todos estos temas.
Cuidate Hernamo!