How to store a Canon Pro 1

William Seaward

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1, 10, 100
I ran across another great deal on a Canon Pro 1 that I'm thinking of purchasing, this time the previous owner used up all the ink and they decided it was too expensive to buy more. I don't want to run several Pro 1's at the same time, so how would one go about storing the Canon Pro 1?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@William Seaward, the Pro 1 is a fairly sturdy printer and will withstand not been used for quite a long time, without coming to any harm, however.

If you wish to store it for many a long year, then you can flush out the ink lines and print head with a mixture of pharmacist solution and leave it like that till you’re ready to start using it again.

To do this you’ll need to half-fill a set of cartridges with the solution and run a system flush, and turn off the printer when completed, don’t be tempted to print anything while you have this solution in the ink lines, to reverse the procedure, you need new carts and a system flush.

Use a stronger mix of solution for storage: - propylene Glycol 10% Alcohol 30% Distilled Water 60%, your local drug store or Mart should have the necessary ingredients...

William Seaward

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1, 10, 100
Is this what I need to do inside the driver?

upload_2016-8-14_14-22-55.png

William Seaward

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1, 10, 100
Does anyone have a general idea of how many ml of ink the waste pads of the Pro-1 can handle?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Does anyone have a general idea of how many ml of ink the waste pads of the Pro-1 can handle?
Approx. 1.25 Litres, but you don’t get to use all of that space, otherwise it would spill when you return the printer for the mandatory Nappy change.

You’ll get the first notice at 80% full and sometime later the printer will cease to function until you get the waste ink tank replaced...:(

William Seaward

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1, 10, 100
Approx. 1.25 Litres, but you don’t get to use all of that space, otherwise it would spill when you return the printer for the mandatory Nappy change.

@The Hat, where do you get the information concerning each cleaning cycle (60 hour, 120 hour, etc.) and how many ml of ink they use?

I can see that you really have to weigh the pros and cons of doing a "System Cleaning" then. It might be better in the long run to print the weekly image OR this is a prime candidate for a printer potty.

oroblec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro-10 - Epson L1800

You’ll get the first notice at 80% full and sometime later the printer will cease to function until you get the waste ink tank replaced...:(

Come on man you have all the answer, Cano Pro Master i have a question for you for the weekens how u store your printer from the dust ??? some kind of special cover or just turn it off or always let it on as before with ur new model?

William Seaward

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 1, 10, 100
Come on man you have all the answer, Cano Pro Master i have a question for you for the weekens how u store your printer from the dust ??? some kind of special cover or just turn it off or always let it on as before with ur new model?

When not in use, I just put a baby blanket over mine... does really well against dust.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
how u store your printer from the dust ??? some kind of special cover
Yes. I purchased semi-opaque vinyl dust covers made to my specifications for my printers.

You can find pre-made or custom made printer dust covers by searching Google for "printer dust cover".