Hi, Need HELP, finding a printer with an easy refill by myself

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
OK, to reuse a half gallon of ink :cool: get a printer that takes the same kind of cartridges.

But I'm telling you, HPs give a low ink message all the time. As far as I know, the only procedure for that is just to ignore it and click through the warnings.

Now it's possible that you really did run it out of ink and ruin something, or maybe a cartridge quit feeding ink--in which case you may need to find out what the problem was. But they will take a lot of abuse, as long as you don't print too many pages with no ink.

For gazillions of pages, though, in black only, I'd go with a cheap laser printer. Much less trouble than an ink jet, and maybe just as cheap as refilling an inkjet. Some of them are under $100 (don't know how good those are).

momcarol31

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
What do you think about the A3+ Epson 1400 Dye based printer, to refill by myself

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
It doesn't meet your specifications at all. It's a large format printer, with no scanner, and not particularly cheap. I don't know why someone suggested it.

Also, Epson printers use a different type of ink. Your ink for HP might work, but there are no guarantees. If it's dye-based and you use pigment ink (which I assume is what you have), it might work, but it's asking for trouble. You'd better ask some Epson experts first. If you mess up, you can't replace the print head yourself.

I assume that what you are asking us is which printers are easy to refill. Canons generally, but ask about cartridges, resetters, and compatibility. H-P is good, with some limitations. You have a wider choice if you are willing to refill opaque cartridges. Most or all of the HP cartridges are opaque, as are many of the new Canons. With some Canon printers you can switch chips to a transparent cartridge.

I'm not deliberately excluding other brands, but just telling you what I know.

momcarol31

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
OK, my HP is dead, gone unfortunately, but I still dont know what printer to buy, just for regular print like online coupons and scanning documents, please any more suggestion are really appreciated. Thanks

ThrillaMozilla

Printer Master
Reaction score
Pick one with the features that you want and at the price you want, and ask about it. Google is your friend.

momcarol31

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
But isn't a great most common printer famous for easy refill and reset?

momcarol31

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
I thought most people were using an specific printer due to popularity on easy refill and reset :-0

slocumeddie

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
momcarol31 said:
But isn't a great most common printer famous for easy refill and reset?
No, not really.....

momcarol31 said:
I thought most people were using an specific printer due to popularity on easy refill and reset :-0
Nope...........

If you do indeed have a half gallon of black ink(dye?? pigment??), and you wish to utilize same, then you must narrow your choices to those printers with which your ink is compatible(HP maybe?).

The forum members would like to help. Please be more clear and direct with your questions. Right now, we are just talking in circles.......:idunno