Have you ever tried to report a landline fault in the UK?

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
^^^ Moving to another provider will not help the situation until the fault with the phone is resolved. Talk Talk users are also connected a different way to a infrastructure called LLU (local loop unbundling) Moving to a BT wholesale supplier like Plusnet will mean a £120 reconnection fee to the BT network.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Hang on a second Ian; you’re not going to try and burn the place again are you.. :somad :eek: :confused:

I don't know what you are talking about, but I am referring to a penalty system as mentioned in post#11

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Still no explanation or solution despite repeated calls to customer service. Ten days now and repeated promises of info within 48 hours and then nothing. From users with other providers I hear that several hundred lines have been affected, so quite what caused the problem in the first place remains a mystery. Phone lines seem to be affected but not internet.

mswannie

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG3650, MG7550, MG7750
A bit OT but I feel the pain. A week ago my yahoo.com mail account suddenly told me that due to suspicious activity my account was locked, please phone and 0800 number in the US. Unable to call an 0800 from Europe, I spent two days finding a Customer Service form on their site and after taking hours to fill the thing in and 10 tries to decipher the Captcha and giving them my alternative email address to reply to I clicked send. And I got a message saying 'your query has been seen and an answer will be sent to your locked account'

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
A bit OT but I feel the pain. A week ago my yahoo.com mail account suddenly told me that due to suspicious activity my account was locked, please phone and 0800 number in the US. Unable to call an 0800 from Europe, I spent two days finding a Customer Service form on their site and after taking hours to fill the thing in and 10 tries to decipher the Captcha and giving them my alternative email address to reply to I clicked send. And I got a message saying 'your query has been seen and an answer will be sent to your locked account'

Sounds as if it might be a scam to me, what do others think? I have had quite a number relating to accounts I do not have, of late.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
A couple of years ago I received a false mail seemingly from Ebay. The mail was in German and told me that my account had been closed due to suspect credit card transactions. I could use a link in the mail to verify the credit card details. I of course didn't do that, instead I forwarded the mail to Ebay's fraud department, using the proper mail address found on the Ebay website. I got a mail from the true Ebay thanking me for the forwarding and saying that it was a phishing attempt, and they were looking into this, and my forwarding had made a difference.

What made this even more suspect is that this happened shortly after I had bought a manual from a seller in a former Iron Curtain country. I don't know if there was a connection?

Last edited:

mswannie

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Sounds as if it might be a scam to me, what do others think? I have had quite a number relating to accounts I do not have, of late.
I don't think it was a scam as it's an account I have had for years, since before gmail appeared, and I use it mainly for chatting with old friends. I think it was a Yahoo glitch in the system and they fixed it after 24 hours. But I hope I don't have to contact them again...

mswannie

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Still no explanation or solution despite repeated calls to customer service. Ten days now and repeated promises of info within 48 hours and then nothing. From users with other providers I hear that several hundred lines have been affected, so quite what caused the problem in the first place remains a mystery. Phone lines seem to be affected but not internet.
Any news? Do you have a phone yet?

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Any news? Do you have a phone yet?

Sadly no, but it was a bank holiday weekend, so it is unlikely anyone would have been working over the last few days.