FIRST hand evaluation of removable plug aftermarket cartridges

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Are only region 4 cartridges available? Region 4 is Russia, Middle East and possibly Africa. ARC chips for a wrong region cannot be used. Maybe the Russians have no intention of exporting the cartridges?

Don't know, maybe but then I wonder why since they can make more money that way. Perhaps somebody should inquire the main site (bursten.ru/content/9-contact) what distributors can sell them to your country and contacting them?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Interesting how the video of the Bursten cartridge has English text associated with the company logo. Maybe English speaking investors?

Perhaps somebody should inquire the main site (bursten.ru/content/9-contact) what distributors can sell them to your country and contacting them?
What's stopping you?

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Interesting how the video of the Bursten cartridge has English text associated with the company logo. Maybe English speaking investors?

What's stopping you?

I have a stash few hundred OEM CLI-8 for my printer ! And meanwhile it is not even used as I'm waiting for Printfab RIP linearization feature.

I have inquired about distributor outside Russia and shipping prices etc.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
IM sure ive seen carts like that for some Canons before (the type with lever mechanisms in them) i can not remember where though or if they were Chinese, it may have even been on here they were mentioned. Its going back a few years (5+) but im sure the principle for CLI-8 and similar older carts has been done before.
Edit found something similar but not 100% the same (these have no sponge) here...
http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/spongeless-cartridge-from-inkjetreset-com.3835/page-3

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I have asked a contact of mine to see if they can find more information about these too..

Would it make sense to maybe split the Bursten/Nano topic out into its own thread now as we've gone completely off the original?

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
@CakeHole just similar that’s all so no cigar this time.. :confused:

LOL yep though looking at the date of that post gives an idea of how long this style of cart has been around. I wonder why they have not become the defacto clone standard?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Word is that these cartridges are produced by Skyhorse in China... Finding it difficult to confirm which ones are of the Nano type but there's a few that are pretty different.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Larger portion to store liquid ink means more ink in the cart! Or am I wrong?

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
Larger portion to store liquid ink means more ink in the cart! Or am I wrong?

I guess that depends on the internal design of the cart, you could have a cart with the sponge removed but a complicated maze mechanism to deliver the ink instead, (think of it like small bucket sitting inside a big bucket) which i would guess would hold less or the same total volume with a sponge.