Epson photo L800 whit original CISS system " ink resistance"!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Drinking Guinness is so much cheaper than expensive OEM ink, it would be great if it would work in my Canon printers, the text may get a bit wobbly dough due to over indulgence.. :confused:

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
Hm!
It will be interesting ,after time ,what will Epson give to market next ,
after so many words of bad Epson dye ink...

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Hm!
It will be interesting ,after time ,what will Epson give to market next ,
after so many words of bad Epson dye ink...

I don't think they care, I have noticed that compared to canon EPSON has taken all the inkjet office grade market in my country with their L series A4 printers compared to Canon and HP. The average user is happy as it is, these type of users never were interested in refilling, have no idea how much 1L inks costs so they are happy with 70ml of ink at that price. And I don't think they care about permanence either.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
... I have noticed that compared to canon EPSON has taken all the inkjet office grade market in my country with their L series A4 printers ..
This is interesting - which country..? Do you have information of sales volume or is it just estimate?
The success of the L-series shows that many customers (not refillers) was just waiting for this..despite the higher price of the printer .. but knowing that the follow-up costs is what counts...
The price of 100ml ink
- in original carts: roughly about 100 euro
- in epson bottles for the L-series: ca. 15 euro
- for refillers: it depends... from about 5 euro (dye) to over 10 euro (pig).

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
Ink for L300 is in our country 7-8€ oem
L800 11€ not more oem

and if you think that is no need to wory that ink will not be color index ok
ho whana buy non oem ink then for awerage users.
And if they give you or recomend paper that will do great whit that tipe of epson ink
in right price range ho cares then hehe...original is original

Łukasz

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
MG6250 (MG5150 before)
In my country (Poland), Epson Artisan A50 is named P50 (maybe it stands for Partisan?).
P50 with 3-rd party CISS was very popular in small photo labs, some guys found using clusters of these printers to be reliable businesses.

Now L800 replaces P50 with CISS. L800 family is even more popular, cause is under manufacturer warranty.

But L100/L200/L300 found to be unpopular.
Also M100/M200 family is lost because of strong presence of older, but very reliable (and low cost per page) mono lasers.

@martin0reg
Going back to black ink in L100/L200/L300 family... if it is dedicated to photo printing or to plain paper? Or maybe in other way - L300 printing in photo mode is CMY or CMYK?

http://www.epson.eu/ix/en/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/specs/11858
M100/M200 utilizes black pigment - it is named T7741 (140 ml), 13-15 EUR.
So bulk Epson pigment ink for plain paper is also available.

Ł.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
@martin0reg
Going back to black ink in L100/L200/L300 family... if it is dedicated to photo printing or to plain paper? Or maybe in other way - L300 printing in photo mode is CMY or CMYK?
L300 is using all colors (cmyk) for photos..like most others do...
Like other epson models (e.g. the P50) it has as standard no pigment black for sharp text (canon therefor has PGI bk), all inks are dye.
[edit] So text may not print out as sharp as with canon...but I did no comparison of this yet...

To achieve neutral b&w you can try the so called "black only mode": setting on plain paper and grey and the highest quality .. comes out slightly grainy but totally neutral b&w without any color shift..good gradation too.

In the driver menu, which is very basic, you can choose plain paper, epson matte, epson premium glossy. But there are quality settings and lots of color settings available.
http://www.epson.eu/ix/en/viewcon/corporatesite/products/mainunits/specs/11858
M100/M200 utilizes black pigment - it is named T7741 (140 ml), 13-15 EUR.
So bulk Epson pigment ink for plain paper is also available.
Ł.
Though this is not a printer for me but for office, it is an interesting model and I would like to know how photos on photo paper are coming out..
And how the ciss is working, because pigment ink should be not pulled out from the bottom (as the ciss in the L-series do) Because pigment ink can build up a deposit and should be "shaked before use"...the carts of dedicated pigment printers (like 3880) have their outlets not on the bottom ...
I would like to try pigment black in the L300 for sharper text - but I am not sure how this will cooperate with the dye color inks when printing photos. And beside this it is a ciss with outlets at the bottom...so beware of clogging..

Last edited: