Empty cli-8 carts and dilemma

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
I managed to get my hands on 2 "sets" of OEM Cli-8 carts for my Pro 900 MKII. They have been sitting around for a few months but have purged Ok and are now drying out.

I have only one spare set of orange clips to seal the carts , so my question is what do I do with the other set of carts?

Is it OK to leave them purged and with the sponges dried out, and keep them for spares?

Dumbledore

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
if the sponge is clear, i don't see why you can't leave it dry... there's no dry ink, so the printer won't get clogged. I think it's ok, but wait for other opinions)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Redbrickman

If you mail me you home address, I will send you a set for your spare cartridges ok.. :) :)

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
It would be nice to get some caps but there is no problem leaving unfilled cartridges exposed to the air indefinitely. You don't want to do that with filled cartridges as their will dry out very quickly.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Irv - do the caps you mentioned have a silicone lining that effects a seal for the outlet port similar to the original orange OEM caps? The picture on the web site is all black with no detail showing inside the cap.

irvweiner

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
ff: there is no additional sealing material--not needed the rubber cap is soft. There is a small 'sealing ridge' at the bottom that yields a snug fit.

irv weiner