dirty print

itsalesguru

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have a cannon pixma pro 9000 mark II. when printing on uneven paper, at the end it leaves dirty smudges on the paper. in last 33% of page the thickness is twice as much a the upper part/ Any suggestion how to fix this?

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Sounds like head strikes. The nozzle side of your printer head is making direct contact with the paper surfaces were it is thicker and causing the smudges.

What are you printing on that has such an uneven thickness? You might try to feed from the front feeder which is meant to handle thicker fine art type material. That might be able to handle the uneven thickness or your paper.

itsalesguru

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am trying to print on this pocket folders to do a test before placing an orderof couple of thousands with pro printer. tried the fron print, and it takes too much time. thought maybe there is some adjustment for the printer.

marceltho

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have tried to print on pocket folders as well with my Pro 9000MKII, and had the same results as you. My folders were rather thick, so loading from the back did not go well. Loading from the front gave smudges, it was as when a part of the pocket went under the roller, the other part of the folder " came up ", and that gave the smudges....
Had also the idea to print my own folders, nice own logo.....only 50 - 100 folders at a time...bla bla bla....I ended up using tri-fold for my mailings, these ( letter format ) I could print on 3 printers at the same time......

The ONLY thing that you can do, and I tried it.....is to print on 13x19 and cut and fold it yourself, but it is a looooooot of work. Or on 11x17, but you don't have a pocket then.