Great news.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hi Convoy,

thanks for the news. Canon has been beaten again. I still prefer to use the original cartridges and being able to reset the cartridges is much better using alternative cartridges. I might consider to buy the MP980/MP990 for the neutral b/w printing and order the IM-inkset from Mike of Precisioncolors.com

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
pharmacist

very soon I will release a B&W inkset for the Canon printers that print CMYK. These would include the iP4000 and newer ones that use the 5 cartridges. This will allow Canon fans to output some really nice B&W that only Epson users had available to them with B&W inksets. I would expect that the 4500 printer and others using the same 1 pl nozzles will be able to output some really nice & smooth grey tones and take advantage of the 1pl nozzles.

Of course these B&W inksets will be dyebase for the Canon line and not archival. In my playing with these, it's like going back to the film days where the paper you choose will offer a level of warmth or coolness as desired.

Several of us have hoarded some Canon printers and these can be put to good use producing some really nice B&W. B&W just seems to allow more artistic expressions and now I see why many photographers are into this. I'm close to releasing it but want to finish off some more development and testing.

Needless to say, we would need to replace 4 cartridges with these gray inks and if using empty blanks, these would need to be thoroughly flushed of color ink first.

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Mike,
I have a set of CLI-8 CMYK cartridges that are purged (cleaned) and just waiting for that ink. I assume that it is different shades of GRAY that are controlled by the CMYK values in a photo - correct? Start a new thread when the inks become available.

Steve W.

nanosec

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Fantastic news!

Now all thats missing is a way to reset the waste ink counter!

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
It's easy to reset the waste ink counter but you need the software

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
For those interested, here another resetter using USB to supply the current...:

http://www.druckerchannel.de/artike...r_fuer_canon_pixma_cli_521_pgi_520_verfuegbar

price will be 39 and should be also be able to reset all region based cartridges: PGI-220/520/820 and the CLI-221/521/821 from America, Europe and Asia, which might justify its higher price.

The first mentioned resetter is guaranteed for at least 100 resets, which seems to be very little to me. And both resetter can actually resets to aftermarket carts from Peach, Ninestar, Pearl, Jettec and KMP as well without any problems.