Canon: Which printers share the same print head?

lowepg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
With another batch of cheap refurbs available from Canon, it seems like a decent time to buy a couple printers from them.

The prices they sell these for -in some cases- barely cover the oem ink cart cost. When you consider the value of the print heads- they are generally a slamdunk it terms of value.

So my question is this: does anyone know which printers share the same print head? While I dont need any more printers (or so I think), in some cases- these deals can be worth it just for a spare print head.

Thanks!!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
lowepg
What I can see is that there are not very many printers sharing that type of print head at all.
Its only available for the MG 8120 / MG 6120 / MP 996 Part No. Qy6-0078-000 at about $75..:barnie

lowepg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
lowepg
What I can see is that there are not very many printers sharing that type of print head at all.
Its only available for the MG 8120 / MG 6120 / MP 996 Part No. Qy6-0078-000 at about $75..:barnie
$77. Hmmm. I wish I would have bought even MORE Mp990's when they were $77 then!

6120's are available for $95- not as good as the $77 deal- but thats still a sweet price for a good photo printer!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
lowepg
Youre on the wrong track here or maybe I didnt make it clear enough.
The darn print head alone is retailing at $75 not the printers.
So these new printers are a real steal at that price $95 and with free cartridges.. :)

lowepg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The Hat said:
lowepg
Youre on the wrong track here or maybe I didnt make it clear enough.
The darn print head alone is retailing at $75 not the printers.
So these new printers are a real steal at that price $95 and with free cartridges.. :)
No- I'm agreeing with you.... just commenting that with the price of the printhead that high- I wish I would have bought a few more refurbs at $77.... $95 is still a steal.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
O to live in the US. :)
This side of the pond these things are more than double the price.. :hit