Canon service tool v2000

ivosavo

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
pixma 2700
Hi PeterBJ, than for kind and complete reply.
I didn't have time to check the servicetools version I used, but I'm almost sure I followed exactly the steps you're suggesting.
The point is that: everything seemed to be fine when I reboot after servicing. Once brought back to the original pc it was connected to, it begin to randomly print odd chars/lines/drawings.
The thing that comes into my mind is that I could have corrupted something in the flash (don't even know how).Is there a way to find original ROM and re-flash it through service toools and USB?
Or..another option that comes into my mind: could the "location" parameter affect in any way character set? I saw it was set to JPN in service tools and I entered Europe..can it be that if I set it back to JPN everything could be fixed?
Thanks and regards
Ivano

Last edited:

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
If you successfully resat the ink absorber counter and got an EEPROM print with D=00.0 to confirm the reset, and after that turned the printer off and on again in normal user mode and it then behaved normally, I also think something has gone wrong with the install at your friend. I would also try a new install. What OS is your friend using?

I don't think you have corrupted something with your service mode operations, but could you make an EEPROM print and scan and upload it? The HEX info in small print is not needed. I don't think you have changed the location of the printer, the service tool shows a button with the text "JPN" on it. Clicking it causes a menu to drop down and you can now choose a location and click set. See this post for an example of region change via a service tool.

Here is the top of the EEPROM info print of an iP2700, notice the "EUR" and D=004.1 showing that the ink absorber doesn't contain much ink. The "DF" value can be ignored, It is an estimated number of months till absorber change will be necessary based on the usage pattern.

iP2700 EEPROM1.jpg

Ranger Rick

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
If any of you guys have trouble obtaining any of the Service Tools then I got 5 of them, v1050, v1074, v2000, v3200, and v3400.

Just PM me and I’ll send on the one that you require ! :cool:
Edit:- now six v3600 also..
Hi, I have had a Pixma MG6150 a few years now from new and have got the Ink Absorber Full error. Have managed to clean the absorber and now need the appropriate Service Tool - is this now the V3600?
I'm new to PrinterKnowledge, but have found the post quoted above and note The Hat has V3400 & V3600 service tools. i can't find how to do a PM (presumably = Personal Message?)
thanks Ranger Rick

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The versions 3600 of the service tool I have seen are all only partly translated from Chinese to English. In stead I recommend using v3400. It can be downloaded as a .rar archive from this post. You will of course need some software to un-RAR it. If you don't have the software to unpack a RAR archive, this post has links and instructions for download of a .zip archive with version 3400 of the service tool.

This post has an instruction to enter service mode on an iP2700. The procedure also applies to your MG6150.

This post has a link to a download of a service manual for the MG6120, which is the same printer as yours, only intended for the North American market in stead of the European market. The link still works and AVG Internet Security found nothing wrong in the download.

For service mode operations to work with your printer it must be connected via USB even if it might have wireless capabilities and no other printers must be connected to the computer.

Ranger Rick

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
The versions 3600 of the service tool I have seen are all only partly translated from Chinese to English. In stead I recommend using v3400. It can be downloaded as a .rar archive from this post. You will of course need some software to un-RAR it. If you don't have the software to unpack a RAR archive, this post has links and instructions for download of a .zip archive with version 3400 of the service tool.

This post has an instruction to enter service mode on an iP2700. The procedure also applies to your MG6150.

This post has a link to a download of a service manual for the MG6120, which is the same printer as yours, only intended for the North American market in stead of the European market. The link still works and AVG Internet Security found nothing wrong in the download.

For service mode operations to work with your printer it must be connected via USB even if it might have wireless capabilities and no other printers must be connected to the computer.

SNIPPY

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
CANON M270
If any of you guys have trouble obtaining any of the Service Tools then I got 5 of them, v1050, v1074, v2000, v3200, and v3400.

Just PM me and I’ll send on the one that you require ! :cool:
Edit:- now six v3600 also..

SNIPPY

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
CANON M270
Can you help v3400 download ?email......
Edited by moderator..

SNIPPY

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
CANON M270
Please can you help me with V1074 and V1052 .....v3400 do not work for Canon MP270

SNIPPY

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
CANON M270
What does PM mean , can you please help me with Service Tool V1074 and V1052, please .