Canon service tool v2000

mswannie

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG3650, MG7550, MG7750
Just FYI. After I reset the ink absorber in August, we have printed hundreds of colour copies and there has been no spillage of ink or other problems.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Thank you for the info. It is a big question if resetting the absorber counter just once and continue printing without replacing or cleaning the absorbers is risky or not. So please keep us informed.

mswannie

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
I know there has been some discussion about this so I will keep you informed.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Thank you for the info. It is a big question if resetting the absorber counter just once and continue printing without replacing or cleaning the absorbers is risky or not. So please keep us informed.
There are some historical posts in the dusty vault that have highlighted what happens but from what I remember you can get away with a single reset without replacing pads but you end up with a printer that has reached or surpassed saturation so if the printer is subsequently moved, tipped or reset again it will leak somewhat spectacularly.

In this respect the whole "but there's LOADS of capacity left in the pads" argument tends to neglect the fact that the printer is expected to be serviced at the "service required" point which could be a case of putting it in the car, shipping it through the courier system or similar where the waste pads need to lock in the waste through 180 flips, tipping on side, etc...

So, yes it's possible but if/when you come to replace the pads or identify a plan B for the waste ink, you have a lot more mess in the printer and quite possibly a leak just waiting to happen.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I know there has been some discussion about this so I will keep you informed.
I once sent one of my printer to a Canon service centre and it was destroyed by waste ink, because it had been in transit upside down all the time ! :somad
Please keep in mind that this too can happen to you if the waste ink gets out of your printer.. :ep

http://www.printerknowledge.com/threads/ink-waste-tank-full-really-really-full.285/

An external waste ink tank is by far a better and cheaper option..:)

mswannie

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Well, I have moved the printer about and it has been vertical although not upside down but so far so good...

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
A download of version 3400 of the service tool can be found at this Russian site. For some strange reason this download does not work from a Google translate, but only from the original Russian site. To download scroll down to post #13 by "Sir Sava" and click the link in the post. See this:

download st3400.jpg

AVG internet Security found nothing wrong with the service tool and it works. The download also contains a text file in Russian. It is an instruction for entering service mode. See this post for the translation.

Edit: Malwarebytes Antimalware blocks access to the Russian site due to a Trojan. Download at your own risk.

Last edited:

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
A download of version 3400 of the service tool can be found at this Russian site. For some strange reason this download does not work from a Google translate, but only from the original Russian site. To download scroll down to post #13 by "Sir Sava" and click the link in the post. See this:

View attachment 3220

AVG internet Security found nothing wrong with the service tool and it works. The download also contains a text file in Russian. It is an instruction for entering service mode. See this post for the translation.

Nice One @PeterBJ ive downloaded and copied the translated English instruction you mentioned, saved them into a .txt file and repacked the file to a .rar to bring it in under 200kb so it can be attached here for users :) ....

Attachments

• Service tool v3400.rar
    176.7 KB · Views: 6,471

john_husk

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Cannon MG5350
Hello PeterBJ,
thank you for the link and instructions I appreciate the advice. It will be useful in future I am sure !
I wonder if I could ask you if anyone has a link or copy of a Service Manual for MG5300 series (I actually have an MG5350 printer)
Thanks Again
John