Canon printhead takes a bath

binkie

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I've hit upon a pretty good bath solution for canon print heads - LA's Totally Awesome All Purpose Concentrated Cleaner purchased at my local Dollar Store. Cheap and effective! I sprayed a couple of shots in about 1/2 inch of water which I used to soak the print head in. I also sprayed some directly on the print head screens and let the print head soak for a few hours. I managed to clean some pretty nasty clogs, and now I'm up and printing fine.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
binkie said:
I've hit upon a pretty good bath solution for canon print heads - LA's Totally Awesome All Purpose Concentrated Cleaner purchased at my local Dollar Store. Cheap and effective! I sprayed a couple of shots in about 1/2 inch of water which I used to soak the print head in. I also sprayed some directly on the print head screens and let the print head soak for a few hours. I managed to clean some pretty nasty clogs, and now I'm up and printing fine.
Nice one binkie a success story is always welcome.:thumbsup

coloredfingers

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
turbguy said:
If strong black is there, then it's strong evidence that there is ink at the black nozzles.Wayne
I found strong black after soaking in white vinegar. But printing text anything always comes blank, including service menu EEPROM information printout. So... this printer is ready for the recycling center :somad. If anybody wants S750 parts for free, feel free to ask!