Canon PGI-525/CLI-526 + PGI-225/CLI-226 chip resetter availability

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I've already posted this up on this thread but just for those who don't necessarily have the time/inclination to go trawling through forum threads.

Two (Three really) types of chip resetters for the PGI-525/CLI-526 cartridges have been announced as ready for shipping.

The battery version (the one that most resellers have been offering for pre-sale and delaying) is now shipping so should be arriving with the resellers and then customers in short order.

A USB powerred REdSETTER version is also now available and available to order... (A battery REdSETTER version is not currently available)
I believe a mains powered type is also available (ie: with it's own little power unit for the mains)

So, it seems someone figured out the bugs and got it all working properly...

The bad news, is that there's still no North American 225/226 version, as yet, but my guess would be that the development team will be switching tack to those in short order and racing to get a solution based on what they now know from the 525/526 model.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Whoops... As half expected there's been technical issues with the REdSETTER units so they're looking to resolve those before making them available for resale.

Not overly unexpected and just one of the joys of a new product... I'll update as/when I hear more.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
... and now for the good news...

The PGI-525 / CLI-526 battery resetters are now in... Doubtless other resellers will also be receiving their initial orders as well so it's going to be interesting watching all heck break loose while people dive for cheapest, etc...

No change on the USB REdSETTER versions but I can't think that'll be too long...

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I've adjusted the title on this thread as the 225/226 resetters are now also available.

It seems there's now three players out there beyond the Chinese clone units so here's a quick update.

525/526 units
REdSETTER are behind with their USB chip resetter but anticipate releasing it in the next 4-6 weeks
Peach have released their battery model and that's already being sold
A third USB powered unit (not sure of the manufacturer) is also available but not seen or played with one yet.

225/226 units
There seems to be just one USB powered unit available at present and this is mostly on pre-order or anticipated by a number of stores.

So, some good news at last...

tigerwan

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I just got notice that Ausjet inks have the 525/526 resetters available