canon mp620 printer part came out

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
PeterBJ said:
The smaller Canon MP540 has an auto open door feature, to open the paper output door, when a print job is sent to the printer. That made me think of a door locking part, maybe the MP620 also has this feature?

But where did the part come out from? Please some more details. If the part came from the rear tray or the paper cassette, I think The Hat may be right in suggesting the part has something to do with the paper feed.
I have a MP 620 and your suggestion is the most likely. When the front door opens, it in turn lifts up 2 flaps to support the paper, looking with a torch underneath those flaps there is a white plastic part. There are 2 1 each side. Practically everything else on this M/C is black

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
OK Ive gotten some more Photos from Clarence, let see if we can make a better educated guess.

One question Id like to ask is that the position you found this unknown part in. ?

5128_clerance_3.jpg

5128_clerance_4.jpg

clarence

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
yes the photo of the inside of the printer is where I found it

thanks

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
Here's a photo of the side of the printhead carriage in a MG5350. Can this be it? Can you guys check this in other models?

8048_dscn3215_2.jpg

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
Tudor wrote:
Here's a photo of the side of the printhead carriage in a MG5350. Can this be it? Can you guys check this in other models?
I think you are right, and that the part is some guide to prevent slack in the print head carriage system.

Here the part is seen from the other side in a Canon MP630, which I think is mechanically identical to the MP620:
The printer is not mine; you don't find compatible cartridges in my printers, only refilled OEM. But the compatibles seem to work well.

6881_bild0001.jpg

I think we have now identified the part, and I hope it is not impossible to get it back in place.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Dare I say it... Give these two guys a well earned cigar.. :woot
Thank guys. :thumbsup

clarence

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
thanks to everyone that helped me on this site the mp620 printer is up and running again... the photos in post #14 and #15 shows where the part went and it was broke off..
:)
but a little super glue worked,,,, don't know how long it will last but well see..

a pain in the you know where to get it back in place... it rides on the rail in front of the print head to keep the print head in the right place

thanks