Canon MP620 error 5100

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
PeterBJ said:
The service tool v3200 should work with both 32 and 64 bit windows, see this post: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=58769#p58769 The older versions of the service tool(v1050, v1074, and v2000) only work with 32 bit windows. If you want to use v1050 you could try to borrow a laptop running 32 bit windows. See this post: http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=56144#p56144 . I have tested v1050, v1074, v2000, v3200, and v3400 with Windows XP, Vista, and 7, and all versions work with the three windows versions, but I only have 32 bit Windows, so I cannot test with 64 bit Windows.
Got it running when I realised you needed an USB connection. Printed out system info and eeprom details reset ink absorber from 33.5% to 20% and it worked. Now need to know how to read rest of it. The eeprom printout columns are not in line although readable. The bumping seems a mechanical thing when holding the case seems more prevelant at L/H end.

When power is pulled I assume this is the height of the print head at which it prints? and which easily clears the purge position when pushed along. So when power is off the head returns to the purge position and drops down?.
Tudor
I take point have already done it twice but worth another go, inside not particulary dirty. Could the paper feed rollers have something to do with the problem? the alightment errors seem to be connected as the page feeds through. Perhaps a gear has lost a tooth?.

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
Tudor
Today 11:00:28 am @barfl2:
Are you sure
YOU WERE RIGHT STUPID STUPID BETTER TORCH FOUND A MARK ON THE UNDERSIDE 3" FROM L/H END. I had seen it before but could not move it and thought wrongly that it was ment to be there. Took several goes with a cotton bud and Isoproponal to shift it.

Now smallest print works fine noise gone. Thanks also for your link to Service Manuals.

PeterBj Thanks also for your efforts.

SUCCESS IS SWEET.

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
I'm glad you fixed it, but didn't expect the noise to dissapear just by cleaning the strip... Weird!

P.S.
Peter is the master of ServiceManuals; it was his link, not mine. :)

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
barfl2 wrote:

...Got it running when I realised you needed an USB connection...
I have now added a note to the first post in the service tool thread, that the service tool only works with a USB connection, so you will have to use a USB cable with a wireless printer. Hopefully this will save others from the trouble you had with the service tool.