Canon ix6550

sony53

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 100s/ canon pro 9000
Hi can anyone tell me if there is a waste ink resetter tool for a ix6550 thanks have tried the canon service tool but comes up with a error code 006 any help please

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The iX6550 is of the PGI-525/CLI-526 cartridge generation, so entering service mode should be possible. Error code 006 means that the printer has not entered service mode. The error could also be caused if the printer is not connected to the PC via USB or if more than one printer is connected to the PC. Even if the printer might have wireless capabilities, USB connection is necessary for the service tools to work.

The procedure for entering service mode is found in the service manual, but I found no free download. The most likely procedure for entering service mode involves pressing the Stop/Resume button five times:
i. With the printer power turned off, while pressing the Resume/Cancel button, press and hold the Power button. (DO NOT release the buttons).
ii. When the Power LED lights in green, while holding the Power and Resume/Cancel button, release the Resume/Cancel button. (DO NOT release the Power button.)
iii. While holding the Power button, press and release the Resume/Cancel button 5 times, and then release the Power button. (Each time the Resume/Cancel button is pressed, the Alarm and Power LEDs light alternately, Alarm in orange and Power in green, starting with Alarm LED.)
iv. When the Power LED lights steadily in green, the printer is ready for the service mode operation.
The colours might be different from orange and green, the important thing is which LED is lit.

After the printer has entered service mode run a service tool, I recommend version 3400. It can be downloaded as a .rar archive from this post. You will of course need some software to un-RAR it. If you don't have the software to unpack a RAR archive, this post has links and instructions for download of a .zip archive with version 3400 of the service tool.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I checked it on mine, the procedure described by PeterBJ works on the IX6550.

Good luck with the reset.

Attachments

• IX6550_EEPROM.pdf
    642.5 KB · Views: 686

sony53

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 100s/ canon pro 9000
Thanks Palombian