Canon ip5200 problem - no ink on paper - not even nozzle check

PW

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
stratman is correct, I am a nice chap.

Apologies for not responding sooner but debating a broken printer isn't a high priority right now.

I have a nozzle check image if anyone would like to pass their opinion, as was said, a picture is worth.......

I could private email it as there does not appear any means of attaching it to this thread.

Thanks to those who have replied noting the pro's and con's of retaining the iP5200.

I have concluded that a replacement printhead is perhaps the best all round solution though for the time being I can't replace either the printer or printhead.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
PW said:
I have a nozzle check image if anyone would like to pass their opinion, as was said, a picture is worth.......

I could private email it as there does not appear any means of attaching it to this thread.
Use the "Upload" function located in the green menu bar above to attach a picture to a post.

PW

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ah, thanks for pointing to that upload facility - don't know why I hadn't seen it!

I have uploaded an jpg image of the nozzle check, but now cannot see how to associate it with this reply...

8506_faulty_ip5200_nozzle_check_result.jpg

PW

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ah, it does seem to have associated with the message!

(As you may appreciate the first block of cyan should be single shade not two shades as illustrated in my image.)

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
What happened to the rest of the nozzle check?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The Hat said:
Stratman have you not heard of the cutbacks yet..:lol:
Must be getting charged by the pixel. :lol:

PW

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Sorry, I cropped the image simply to illustrate the problem without thinking that would complicate ...

Now attached a full width image of the nozzle check, (the black was fine after another clean cycle).

Apologies for the confusion!

PW

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
.... image didn't get included for some reason - I don't know why.
8506_fauty_ip5200_nozzle_check_full_width_image.jpg

Of course the printer won't even print the nozzle check since relocating the original (faulty?) printhead.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The top most Cyan just below the Pigment Black crosshatched pattern shows two different shades of Cyan when there should only be one solid block of darker Cyan. Unless this is artifact, and there is plenty in the image introduced by your scanner and the image compression algorithm, this straight line, nearly perfect looking horizontal two-tone rectangular pattern is indicative of a malfunctioning print head or logic assay board. Since you do not report an error message, this most likely represents a bad print head due to an electrical issue, not a clogged print head. For all intents and purposes, this is not repairable... unless you have genius Stephen Hawking workshop skillz and plenty of expensive machines at your disposal.

You need a new print head.