Can anyone recommend a 3rd party resettable friendly CLI-8bk?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
mikling said:
After having gone through and reset possibly thousands of OEM chips, my experience is this.
Some will reset properly according to the resetter but will still not work properly inside the printer.

Chips do sometimes fail and we need to accept that. :tongue
I couldnt agree more with you on the life span of OEM chips
but is there a way of extending their life or at least making sure they dont burn out with the first couple of resets.
There must be a couple of dos and donts out there that may help prevent premature cremation..:th

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The Hat wrote:
There must be a couple of dos and donts out there that may help prevent premature cremation.. :th
The first thing that comes to my mind is reset before you refill, this reduces the risk of spilling ink onto the chip and the resetter contact pins. Ink on the chip and the resetter contact pins can cause a lot of trouble. This is also mentioned by mikling in post #17.

F

FastForward

Back to the OP's original question. Someone on here, I think it was PeterBJ posted a link to a review of aftermarket carts on Drucker in german. That review detailed the chips that could be reset with a standard resetter.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I probably posted such a link, as I visit druckerchannel. de regularly. If you read German this site is an excellent source for news and tests. I think the link might be this: http://www.druckerchannel.de/artike...ible_canon_pixma_patronen_cli_8pgi_5_mit_chip or Google's version in something similar to English: http://translate.google.dk/translat...ible_canon_pixma_patronen_cli_8pgi_5_mit_chip

The article is from 2008 so the info may be outdated. I also think the problems are caused by the resetter or more likely the printer. If the Canon OEM chips were bad, then why only CLI-8 BK? In my opinion, this indicates a problem with the printer.

F

FastForward

Thanks Peter, your recent post from Drucker about the newest Canon models and the 3rd party comparison for the 225/525 was most informative. I do read a bit of Deutsch but the Google translate works better for technical matters!