any feel for what a new canon IP4500 is worth ??

jimbo123

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
MP830 MP980
i have a brand new canon IP4500 that i bought a few years ago as a backup, now may be looking to sell it.

- any feel for what a new canon IP4500 is worth ??

the only new ones i can find are on amazon for around $400+
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000V2MK8C/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

hate to sell it since it is one of the last models built before canon's quality started to deteriorate.

J

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Printers: Canon MP830, IP4500, MX700, MX860, MP980
Method: German Durchstich Method
Ink: Hobbicolors ink, PMT-BK, UW8
Misc: Squeeze bottles - so much easier than syringes

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
I would say even a used iP4500 is worth at least $20 more than the price of a new print head for it, probably $75. But you should check to see what they are going for on eBay. I think this is the best standalone printer Canon ever made for the average user.

If someone is willing to pay $400 for it, then it's worth that much to them, but not to you.

nche11

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
There are many new printers people can easily buy from stores for less than $150. A new ip4500 for those who really know the outstanding features of it may be willing to pay $150 for it. Even Amazon can sell one at $400 it does not mean you can get that much from yours. The fair value should be about $150. If it is highly desired and there are many lined up to bid for it you will get a lot more that $150. You should not sell it for less than that. It should only go above $150. Good luck.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Oh noes! Another printer for ghwellsjr to prey upon. :mad:

I will offer you $50 American Dollars, cash money, for the printer if you deliver it tomorrow. :D

Truthfully. look to eBay for previous auction completed bids. eBay also may be the best place to find your greatest profit.

bsanotrun

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
I would say even a used iP4500 is worth at least $20 more than the price of a new print head for it, probably $75. But you should check to see what they are going for on eBay.
Hmm Ebay :)
i have just bought an Ip4000R for 10 ( about $16) it came with 5 full genuine canon ink carts installed and 5 new genuine spare.
Easter holiday and the weather is sunny for a change so everybody must have been out enjoying themselves instead of looking for bargains on ebay
That together with a poor description "working order little used" so i was the only bidder.
So don't ever put anything for sale on Ebay during holidays, and a good description is vital.
Little used i wondered?
this is a photo of the rubber cleaning wipers which even on a little used printer are usually smothered in ink.

7724_sta40852.jpg

Mike

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I bought an ip4500 for $40 on Craigs list from a student going back to Japan. He had purchased the printer a year ago and only used it to print some text pages. The black pigment ink cart was empty and he had a new one to install for me to check the printer. He had never printed anything in color, so the original color carts were nearly full. He had then stored the printer in its original packing and carton for nearly a year. I had him do two deep cleanings and print a nozzle check and a color photo on glossy paper I brought with me. Perfect nozzle pattern and beautiful photo print. One has to be patient and read the ads nearly every day. There was new ip4500 available for $75 or $80 last week, but it was in an outlying area and I will only buy a printer in San Francisco so I can run a test print and nozzle check before buying.

msmart

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4500
Here's one listed on craigslist for $50, brand new in box: http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/sys/2298164343.html

I have two out in the garage so I'll resist buying another.

I know it's easy to crack them to enable the CD/DVD printing, but a Canadian version would fetch more. I bought my first one from a Canadian eBay seller before I figured that out.

A laptop manufacturer was giving them away for free (after rebate) with the purchase of a laptop a couple years ago, that's how I got my third one.

If yours is still new in the box, you may get lucky and fetch a good price on eBay. Much better than with craigslist.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
bsanotrun said:
i have just bought an Ip4000R for 10 ( about $16) it came with 5 full genuine canon ink carts installed and 5 new genuine spare.
The "R" version of the iP4000 is quite rare because it has wireless built-in. I managed to pick one up last year for $20 and it is my main printer, especially now that the computer that I used as a print server for my MP760 died a couple weeks ago.

bsanotrun

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
bsanotrun said:
The "R" version of the iP4000 is quite rare because it has wireless built-in. I managed to pick one up last year for $20 and it is my main printer, especially now that the computer that I used as a print server for my MP760 died a couple weeks ago.
Yes i have been trying to get it going with both wireless and networked to my router
im a good mechanic, but PC networking and IP addressing is driving me NUTS at the moment.

Mike

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Jimbo123's ip4500 is a new unused one. It's not the same as used one from Goodwill, fleabay or crazylist. It should worth $100 to $150. Just the print head will fetch $80. The unused cartridges worth $60. $100 for the printer is cheap. $150 is fair. $400 is a little too fat. The one on the Craiglists says online price is $120. If he wants $50 only you can grab it and resell it for $120.

But most people don't know anything about printers. For those $50 may be too much. There is no way they will pay $150. If I were you I will say $120 firm. I will wait for people who know what they are buying to offer a deal.